Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Spotting 3 days after period?

So I had my period on October 1st for three days (pretty standard for me). It evaporated as it usually does on the third day. No spotting. Nothing.

Then three days later I have light spotting. Just that one day.

My husband and I DID have the day before my period, and the day my period ended.

Is it possible I ovulated early early in my cycle (right after my period) and had implantation bleeding already? I took a pregnancy test today (10 days before my period is due) but it was negative. I have also been taking ovulation tests, and none of them have turned up positive this week (the week I am SUPPOSED to ovulate).

Anyone's similar experiences would be appreciated! 

Male infertility issues (husband had poor SA), combined with former cervical cancer and subsequent treatment which has resulted in scar tissue and modified cervix. MY INFERTILITY BLOG http://tocarryseeds.wordpress.com/

Re: Spotting 3 days after period?

• Options

It's probably just residual blood. It happens to me every once in a while - it actually happened this cycle. My period ended on day 3 and then two days later I had two days of light spotting. I don't think it means anything. 

As for ovulation that early, I highly doubt that happened. It's not impossible, but it's not likely at all. I can tell you definitively that it wasn't implantation bleeding, though. Even if you had ovulated, 3 days is way too early for IB.

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    Thanks :) I assumed it might have been residual bleeding, but it's never happened to me before!
    Male infertility issues (husband had poor SA), combined with former cervical cancer and subsequent treatment which has resulted in scar tissue and modified cervix. MY INFERTILITY BLOG http://tocarryseeds.wordpress.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Chances of you O'ing on Cd6 are pretty much slim to none. You didn't mention how long your cycle typically is, but since you are now 10 days before your period the math would say you have 24 day cycles, so you would typically ovulate *roughly* CD10-CD12. 

My guess is either you are having a late O this month, or your sticks just aren't picking up the surge. Either way you are not pg yet. 

Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options

I DO temp, yes. And the ovulation tests.

The funny thing is that on the last day of my period, my ovulation test said I was ovulating (weird, I know). And this cycle I don't seem to be ovulating at all mid-cycle like I should. Strangeness, I tell you! 

• Options
    Could be anything. Spotting happens, yo.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imagePrimRoseMama:
    Could be anything. Spotting happens, yo.

Exactly.

I doubt you had implantation bleeding 3 days after AF. 

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"