Military Families
Options

mid-pregnancy PCS

We are leaving our current station right before my 14th week of pregnancy. We'll be spending time with our families before DH goes to training and I go to our next station. I won't get there until around 18 weeks.

Our current location and our next are both in the Tri-west region, but we'll be in a different region for about 4 weeks in between. I don't want to switch to the other region, then switch back a few weeks later.

Have any of you been in a similar situation? What did you do? Did you just not do any appointments for that month? I know there is generally a 10-12 week visit and a 16-20 week visit, so by that timeline, I could theoretically not miss an appointment.

I'll talk with the OB here before we leave, but I'm just curious about what others have done.

FWIW, I'll be staying with family who live near a large military hospital, so it wouldn't really be difficult for me to switch for that "in between" month. I just really don't want to deal with switching if I don't need to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: mid-pregnancy PCS

• Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it.. I switched from Tricare North to South around week 20.. was seen by a North doctor around week 17 and a South doctor around week 22
  • Options
    We PCSd when I was 35 weeks (and supposed to be on bed rest). Just make sure to contact your PCM as soon as you get to your new duty station to set up an appointment. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unless you have a condition that needs closely monitored then I wouldn't worry about it.  We PCSed when I was somewhere around 30 weeks and during that time I switched between Prime & Standard even.  It was a non-issue. 
  • Options
    I was in a similar situation. I had my 20 week appt before we moved, then we were visiting family for a few weeks. I called Tricare to switch regions as soon as we got to our new duty station and was able to get an appointment for the next week. I wouldn't worry about switching until you get there unless you're having more frequent appointments for an issue. 4 weeks is a normal amount of time beetween visits at that point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"