Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Re: Rock N' Play in Canada

Where did you ladies find that these are on the same banned list as walkers? I checked the Health Canada website and couldn't find any source documentation.

My parents go to Hawaii every Feb. and I was going to get them to pick me up one. I don't want it to get seized in customs.

Thanks!

DD born 3/23/2013; Baby #2 EDD 9/7/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Re: Rock N' Play in Canada

• Options
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options

I was in buffalo recently and purchased one at target. I had no issues bringing it back, but I also didn't have to open my trunk so no one really saw it. 

I certainly won't be using it instead of the crib or bassinet, I just thought it would be convenient to have for downstairs naps. FWIW I bought the snuggamonkey one which seems to be a lot more padded around the head area than the original.  

I believe that the reason that it is not sold in Canada is because it is advertised as a bassinet replacement, and is not approved here for that purpose. Other than on this board I have never heard of it actually being banned.  

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehappy_un-bride:

Yep, and I don't see any mention of the rock n' play unless I'm blind?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Okay so I went to the fisher price website and had an online chat with one of their customer service agents.

She said:

"On December 10, 2010, new regulations regarding cribs, cradles and bassinets came into effect in Canada(https://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/legislation/acts-lois/_cribs-berceaux/index-eng.php). The Rock ?n Play Sleeper is not a bassinet, which is why we advised Canadian retailers to remove it from shelves to avoid confusion with these new regulations."

Which still doesn't make sense to me but oh well. Remove a product from shelves just to avoid confusion?

I think I'll chance it and get my parents to bring me one back.

Do you ladies think it will fit in a suitcase?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageSunnyCanadian:
    imagehappy_un-bride:

I didn't either.  I think you're safe.  I was amazed by how much was on the list.  I knew about Cribs, Car Seats and Walkers... but really... strollers and pack and plays too?

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagehappy_un-bride:
    imageSunnyCanadian:
    imagehappy_un-bride:

I didn't either.  I think you're safe.  I was amazed by how much was on the list.  I knew about Cribs, Car Seats and Walkers... but really... strollers and pack and plays too?

I don't think border services will take it, they really only look for walkers and car seats. Strollers and pack n plays are generally fine, if they pass the US standards or have an ASTM number, they're fine. I've had special order European strollers with no issues.
  • Options
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imagehappy_un-bride:
    imageSunnyCanadian:
    imagehappy_un-bride:

I don't think border services will take it, they really only look for walkers and car seats. Strollers and pack n plays are generally fine, if they pass the US standards or have an ASTM number, they're fine. I've had special order European strollers with no issues.

Perfect! Thank you for the reassurance Big Smile

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"