March 2012 Moms
Options

late 6 month appointment

we're a bit behind schedule because my pedi office was converting to compuetrized systems... but how much was your LO gaining per day between 4 and 6 month appointments.. or lately if you are also behind schedule.  He was always spot on for an ounce a day gain, but this time he is more lile 1/2 oz per day he still gained 2lb but did you LO slow down as they got older too? he also only grew 3/4 inch in two months whereas he was growing an inch a month before.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: late 6 month appointment

• Options
    From 4 to 6 months DD only gained a pound, but from 2 months to 4 months she gained 3 pounds.  She grew in height just as much though.  So, her weight percentile went from 85% at 4 months to 55% at 6 months and her height went from 85% to 90%.  So, I do think the growth slows.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I remember someone saying once they start to get mobile they lose the baby fat, not that he really had any.. so I kinda figured he would probably be burning off claories now. 

He still isn't a super eater like some.. he doesn't clome close to the 40+ ounces people talk about and never has... and he doesn't tend to over eat just because it is there.. when he is done, he is done and nothing is going to make him finish it off,, and when he wants more he will let you know you didnt make enough.  The pedi wasn't worried and neither am I, i was just curious as to whether it seemed the norm  to slow down at the point when you start solids.. you would figure they would bulk up lol.. but then again there is all that poop  too...

He is happy and healthy and I can tell when I pick him up and when I dress him that he is growing... and that's enough for me  :)  I have a tonne of clothes that no longer fit to prove he is growing and he is already wearing size 4 pampers because his thighs outgrow diapers quicker than the rest of him.. he has strong old thighs  lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just had our late 6 month appt last week. DD gained 1 lb 11 oz in two months and grew and inch and a half.  She's always been in the 50th percentile (even in utero!) and still was for weight, but she shot up to the 75th in height.  The doc was satisfied and said DD looked great.  As long as she's growing and happy I'm not going to stress about it too much!

• Options
    I asked Liam's doctor about this phase because his weight was a little wonky until recently.  She said that at this point their weight does start to slow a bit. As long as he is still within what is normal for him (percentile wise) then everything is okay.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My pedi never tells us percentiles but he seems happy enough with his progress.  He is 27 3/4 inches and weighs 18lb 15 oz ..although this time the assistant weighed him with a wet diaper on which kind of annoyed me as the other girls always weigh him without a diaper usually.  I am just going to go ahead and buy the baby scales I wanted off Amazon so I can keep track of his weight myself.

My pedi doesn't want to see him again till he is a year old so he obviously wasn't worried about anything at our appointment. 
  • Options
    From 2-4 months, M gained 6 pounds. From 4-6 months he gained 3. I think it is normal for them to start to slow down with weight gain at this point and just start to grow taller while still gaining a little.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We are a little off schedule too because Chase was very sick at 2 months old so he didn't get his first set of shots until he was nearly 3 months,

So between 5 months, and just a few days ago (almost 7 months) chase gained a pound and a half, and grew a half an inch.  He is 16 pounds 11 oz. and 26 1/2 inches. At one point he was in the upper 80% for weight and 70th % for height, now he is in the 22% for weight, and 35% for height, so it slowed down for sure

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    He gained about 2lbs from 4 to 6months. But then 2 weeks after his 6mo checkup he got a cold and we went back and he gained 10oz in 2wks!
  • Options
    Isaac gained 1lb and a 1/2. But he has been growing like a weed since he was born. And has been in the 90's for percentile since he was born. So he is starting to slow down in growing. His doctor wasn't worried. Neither am I. I knew he would slow down his growing eventually and he is perfectly healthy and eats a lot. So I'm not going to worry too much. 5-6 oz of solids, 3 meals a day, 1/2 hour after each meal he eats an 8oz bottle. And he gets about 5-6 8oz bottles total in a day. So he is a piggy butt. Not looking forward to teenage years! lol. I also think he only grew 1-1 1/2 inches. But his pedi wasn't worried about that each other. I figured he would slow down his growing. Nobody on either sides of our families are really tall (SO and I, and both of our parents, are both under 6ft). Even my cousin (now 18) who was born at 9lbs 13oz is an extremely petite girl now. So him slowing down was no surprise to me.
  • Options

Thanx ladies.. u rock.  I figured it was normal but it's always nice to know what is going on with everyone else... even tho these guys and gals will all progress at their own rate, it's still nice to have something to compare to.

My pedi did however tell me he didn't recommend using a walker, he siad it inhibits crawling and doesn't help them learn to walk.. because they scoot rather than learn to co-ordinate one foot in front of the other.

We do use a walker, but it's just one of many things he does so I am not going to stop him from using it, he likes it and I have seen kids learn to walk in them properly not just sit down and scoot all the time

... but as I said it's just one of the things he has .. he doesn't spend THAT much time in it that I think it would inhibit his progress.  He already stands up in it and it helps relieve some of his frustration at his lack of forward mobility.. lol poor lad still goes backwards  when trying to crawl.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"