March 2012 Moms
Options

naps

So I'm trying to easy DD out of the swaddler (she keeps growing out of them!), and I can get her to go to sleep, but not stay asleep without it.  Anyone have any tips?  Her naps are usually a couple of hours, but unswaddled they're about 30 minutes.  I'm going to pick up a sleep sack in hopes that being more cozy will help. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: naps

• Options
    maybe you could open up the bottom seam and stitch in  a contrasting band to lengthen it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know a woman who made sleep sacks for her daughter that were larger...  I'm sure if you can sew at all it's not difficult.  IMO, it's just a "dress" closed up
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Halo's sleepsacks go up to 4t in one form or another.  I just ordered a medium which is 6-12 months.  It should be here Tuesday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A+A makes sleep sack up to 24 months and DD loves hers. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had this problem, and I was so terrified LO would be like 15 still needing to be swaddled. Luckily, he grew out of them on his own ,but he would never nap in them. I watched my dad lay LO down on his belly, with his head turned so he could breathe, obviously, and then he laid his hand on his back. I was literally amazed. Whenever I would put him down for naps on his back without the swaddleme he would have that constant noro reflex. I was so nervous to o the belly thing, especially with all he warnings and hat not, so I would put him on his belly and just sit and watch him to make sure he was ok. It was a total drain of my time, but it made me feel better to know he was ok. Like I said, I was totally uncomfortable with it at first, but after awhile I learned he was just so much more comfy. It really helped with his tummy and gas issues, but the choice is yours. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"