Baby Names

Abcde (as a name)

I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard the DJ say, "Happy birthday going out to Abcde!  This is a cool name, it's spelled A-B-C-D-E." He pronounced it like rhapsody without the rh.  I about died.
Mama to three boys Nathan Reese 9.05 Conrad Elijah 5.08 Ezekiel Drake "Zeke" 4.12

Re: Abcde (as a name)

• Some people think it's clever. There were 21 girls named Abcde born in 2011.
  • I've been lurking on this board for a couple weeks and kept wanting to post about this name. There was a little girl in preK at the school where I taught last year named Abcde, same pronunciation. When I saw this post at first I thought you might be talking about the same girl. I never would have thought anyone else would name their kid something this ridiculous! Let alone 21 other people!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageplunderb:
    Some people think it's clever. There were 21 girls named Abcde born in 2011.

Oh dear God that's horrible. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really have huge eye rolls for this name. Then again I have a friend from high school that named her daughter Xyza. Soooooo, guess there is a market for those kinds of names?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh God. What is wrong with people?!

• Well, since Abcde and Xyza are no longer unique, I guess I'm going to have to keep looking for names. :-(

What do you all think of Lmnop? or how about Rstlne for Wheel of Fortune fans? 

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• It's really horrible. I feel bad for those kids.
  • The first time I ever heard this name was in the video below. I can't help but crack up every single time I watch it, but really sad to know there are people that really name their kids these names!

https://youtu.be/77FqeR7QGQk

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think of Abcde as the Nevaeh of our parents' generation.
  • I was thinking AEIOU...sometimes Y  :)
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• DS would be over joyed if we named his sibling  Wxy. Double oooo EX! WHY! But each syllable would have to be louder than the one before it.

• imagebunnyfungo:

imageNana_Osaki06:
    I really have huge eye rolls for this name. Then again I have a friend from high school that named her daughter Xyza. Soooooo, guess there is a market for those kinds of names?

How in the world do you pronounce Xyza?! 

Zi - zah. It's weird. Her initials are even XYZ. Her parents are on the younger side. so I blame that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekelly321:

or how about Rstlne for Wheel of Fortune fans?  

This made me LOL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekelly321:

What do you all think of Lmnop?

I dig. Our kids can go to school together, cause mine will  be Qrst (Qwerst) and they can sit near each other and learn the alphabet with ease. But that will leave little Hijk (Hijack) by herself.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"