Dads & Dads-to-be

Baby #2 is....

A boy!  When we went to the ER for my wife's gall stones, they checked the baby and the ER doc said that she thought it was a girl, but warned us that she's not trained for o/b ultrasound and is about as reliable as a coin flip.  So we had it in our heads that we were expecting a girl, so when the trained professional told us boy, it came as a bit of a surprise, but definitely not a disappointment.  It actually works out well, since their birthdays will fall only about 2 months apart, Anderson (our new son's name) will likely be able to wear the majority of Jeffrey's clothes, so no real big expenditures there.

Re: Baby #2 is....

• Awesome!  Congrats!

• Was pulling for the two Evelyn's here! But such is life!

Congrats on another awesome son, man! I bet your son will be excited growing up with a little brother! A bond like no other.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Evelyn is still on the table for baby #3, just will be a while before it has a chance to be used.
  • imageColtsdad:
    Evelyn is still on the table for baby #3, just will be a while before it has a chance to be used.

Any plans on going past 3?

• Only way we'd probably consider going past 3 is if #3 is another boy.  After #3, she starts entering a phase where odds of things going wrong start going up in terms of her age as if everything goes according to plan, she'll be like 34 1/2 when #3 is born.
  • That's awesome!

Congrats! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great, great news!!  Congratulations.

• imagepolooo26:
    That news would have crushed my wife. She wants a girl pretty bad so getting her hopes up and then saying it's a boy would have been even worse for her. I'm guessing it wasn't as big a deal to your wife since you didn't say anything. Congrats on 2 boys. My hope is 2 boys followed up by a girl.

It was definitely a big deal but it is what it is and I'm happy for another boy.  Maybe #3 will be my girl.  It was tough thinking girl for 4 days and then hearing boy; I did have my hopes up.  No dresses and bows for ColtsDad and me for awhile LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"