Stay at Home Moms

fav. Bottles?

Hey Ladies,

I am expecting LO#2 in March.  I used Dr. Browns bottles with LO#1.  I loved them and my baby had very little gas or tummy troubles. We don't have a dishwasher, so washing all those little parts is a long process everyday.  Add on, regular dishes and sippy cups, I imagine myself doing dishes every free moment of the day. 

What are some other bottles that you all loved?  

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: fav. Bottles?

• Sorry, I'm not much help as DD preferred the Dr Browns, too! We did get her to like the Nuk ones later on, though. They are basic and easy to wash.
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • We used Tommee Tippee with DS.  He had a really easy time going in between breast and bottle.  He did have some gas issues, and I later bought a couple dr. browns, but he had a hard time with the more narrow nipples after using the TT's.  I know Tommee Tippee has special ones for gas too, but all the pieces seem like such a pain if you don't need them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • we tried everything with DD and the only one that worked for us was Tommee Tippee, we still use this brand as a sippy as well. Awesome product IMO
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We use MAM bottles at our house. We had no tummy trouble and I think the bottles are adorable.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Pura stainless steel bottles.  The nipples can be switched for sippy spouts, which is what we use with DD now.  Love them!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • We used Dr. Brown's with ds too.  Then with DD we tried Avent because of all the parts with the Dr. bottles and she took right to them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used Born Free with DD and they worked great!  We tried a few brands before sticking with these.  They do have a few parts though, but the parts were not that difficult to wash.  I am getting a few more for this baby and new nipples for the older bottles.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • We use the Tommee Tippee bottles. DS has very little gas or tummy troubles and the bottles also haven't ruined his latch.
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I loved playtex drop-ins and evenflo glass bottles.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We used Dr Browns as well and plan to again for this LO. I feel your pain re no dishwasher and all the little parts! If this LO doesn't go for the Dr Browns then I think we will try Avent. I have friends who say they are really good as well. GL!
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
  • We did the Dr Browns too
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • If you want to cut down on dishes, use Playtex Drop-Ins. I use these and have a few bottles and a bunch of extra nipples; after a feeding I can just switch out the liner and the nipple and it's ready to go again. You do have to spend money on the refill liners, though -- it depends on which is more important to you, saving time or saving money.

• When she actually does drink from a bottle, we are Tommy Tippee fans.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • I used Playtex drop ims when ds was a newborn and they weren't very good for us. He had gas/spit issues so we switched to born free and problem solved! But every babies needs are different.
  • We have a fussy baby and tried multiple bottles.  I would rate them from best to worst as:

1.) Avent:  Easy to clean and decent with gas.

2.) Playtex: Had issues once he out grew the slow flow bottles and he got really fussy after awhile.  The cost of liners adds up over time.

3.) Dr Browns:  As good with gas as the Avent.  Bottles are somewhat big and have a lot of parts to clean.

4.) Tommee Tippee:  The slow flow nipple was too fast and he spit up a lot.

5.) Medela:  These bottles are a joke.  Turned the bottle upside down and milk poured out like a hose. 

• We used Avent with both kids and loved them. 
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"