1st Trimester
Options

Bad cramps

So I'm having really bad cramps today...I've had off and on cramps over the last few weeks but never this bad. These cramps are constant and have been for a few hours. Is this normal? My lower back also hurts...a lot. There is no bleeding or spotting. I'm also an emotional mess, I feel like sh-t so I asked my DH to vacumn and do the floors. He managed to break the swifter and got all mad about it so now I'm laying on the couch hysterically crying while he's out buying another one. He works 70 hour weeks and I work part time and usually do all the cleaning/laundry/cooking etc when I'm off on Friday's. I feel like a failure and a bad wife bc I couldn't finish the cleaning and asked him to do it for me (which he didn't complain ab at all, only when the swifter broke) and I'm nervous about these cramps. Please help me.
Mama to Sophie Virginia
born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

Re: Bad cramps

• Options
    Aww, I'm so sorry to hear your having a bad day :( I've had some pretty stressful days myself, and there are times I just break down crying at work and can't stop. I was so worried I was stressing myself out so much that I was going to lose the baby and then my mom told me that not all her pregnancy was stress free and she had the same moments when she was pregnant with me. Just take deep breaths and try and relax, maybe watch a funny movie to cheer up with. If the cramps worsen maybe think about going to ER, always safe then sorry.
  • Options
    Take some deep breaths, drink some water, have your DH grab you some Tylenol (ob's usually suggest max of 500mg every 4 hrs) and RELAX.  I've been an emotional mess with horrible intermittent cramping too- but my OB said as long as there isn't any bleeding- not to worry. I was miserable the other night and a heating pad helped a lot. Hope you feel better- and relax- stress (emotional or otherwise) isnt good for you or baby :0)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pain was so bad (near the pelvic floor) last night that I had to just lay down. You're going to have cramping due to the uterus stretching (round ligament pain). What comforts me is that every time it happens I think the baby is getting a little bit bigger/stronger (and that I'm still pregnant). In the later stages if you had back pain and very intense pain on your right side, there would be concern. Right now as long as you aren't spotting. My OB gave me a list of phone numbers, and it's a "when in doubt, call".
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Aww, I'm so sorry that you're going through this! I've had cramps of varying intensities since before we found out about the pregnancy. One day they were really really bad. I called my doc and she just told me to take it easy, avoid any excessive physical activities and only come in if I start bleeding. I've noticed that the cramps get worse when I was dehydrated, so make sure that you drink plenty of water. I also noticed that some sitting positions intensify the pain. In particular, when I'm sitting back on the couch, it really puts pressure on my lower belly and makes me feel crampy. Standing up or stretching out usually makes it feel better. 

And don't feel bad about breaking down in tears. It's completely and totally normal. I've been an emotional mess myself over the past couple of weeks. It's very common with all of the hormones going crazy in your body. Try to find something that helps you relax. For me reading and commenting on posts here on the Bump while sipping on some hot tea or cocoa REALLY helps! Music and snuggling with my husband and our kitten helps me relax, too!

Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had really bad cramps that freaked me out today too.... so bad I had to lie down and felt like I was gonna throw up, even started to cold sweat. I lay on the bed hugging my pillow with the a/c on full blast... felt better after about 10 mins. I don't know if it was gas or what but it was very scary. Personally I find pregnancy really terrifying and I just wish I could feel more confident and relaxed. 

Hope you feel better.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"