TTC After a Loss
Options

Really hard night! :'( (pg mentioned)

So, today was a great day. I had so much fun with my DH and our friends and family just hanging out. Then tonight when I got home I saw an email from a good friend. She basically told me that she's been dreading telling me that she's pregnant. She really didn't want to tell me, but was worried it'd get to me soon and she'd rather be the one I hear it from. She was very sensitive and sweet and apologetic and kind, and she's the one person outside of my family that, when she heard about my m/c cried really hard right with me.

I'm so happy for them, but it's just so painful. I have 3 friends and a cousin who were pregnant right around the same time as me, and now one of my best friends too... i cried for so long and my DH just held me and said he was sorry. I wasn't mad, or upset, just hurt and confused about why this whole thing had to happen to me.

I'm sure you all relate and have had similar situations, but I didn't imagine how hard it be finding out one of your best friends is pregnant right about where you would have been... :'( so, a great day turned into a very hard and painful one. I'm so sorry to all of you ladies who have also had to go through this pain! It sucks there's so many of us that can relate.

I'm so grateful to have you guys to talk to and read about your days. You're all so encouraging!

Love you guys!

BFP #1 7/15/2012
Natural Miscarriage 8/4/2012 at 7 weeks
BFP #2 10/26/12 - Baby Jack - Due 7/6/13 - Born 6/7/13
(born prematurely at 35w 6d, perfectly healthy with no NICU time needed)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Really hard night! :'( (pg mentioned)

• Options
    I'm so sorry :( I dread unexpected phone calls from friends and family for exactly this reason. Sometimes I just ignore the call and tell them to text me instead. It's much easier to hide my pain and act happy for them when they can't hear my voice. It doesn't seem fair that for some people this is happy and completely not scary experience, and for us the thought of pregnancy has been changed forever. We are no longer able to be naive, or 100% excited about the subject anymore. Whether it be a friend's pregnancy or our own. I'm so sorry such a great day turned out so sh!tty. Life has a way of doing that to us. It sounds like your DH is very supportive, and your friend is very sensitve toward your feelings though. Just hold your head up, and remind yourself that that will be you someday. Focus on the positve and do something nice for yourself over the next few days.
    Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Options
    ((HUGS))  It's always hard to hear someone elses exciting news when yours was ripped away from you unexpectedly.
    imageimage

image image image 

My Beautiful Boys! 

imageimageimage

PgAL/PAL welcome, always!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hugs I'm sorry that you are having a hard time. I am glad that your friend was sensitive in her delivery of this information. It was nice that she cried with you during your loss. She is a good friend!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options

I'm so sorry you have had such a hard night.

Me-"JB"(26) DH(29)
    Married since 2008 with 1 precious furbaby.

Mis-dx with PCOS & Hypothyroidism. New Dx= Hypoandrenia & hormone imbalance
    BFP #1 on 3rd round of Clomid (50mg).
  • Options
    That is very hard. I miscarried in May at 8 weeks, and my best friend waited until she was several months along to tell me. WHen she called to tell me, I could hear in her voice that she was afraid to tell me, cause she thought I'd be upset. I of course was ecstatic for her, but it is so hard to be happy and sad at the same time. So many mixed emotions........It's even harder when the pregnant friend got pregnant on a whim, when I've been TTC for over a year. But God has a plan greater than our own plans........
  • Options
    huge hugs That sucks. pg warning I skipped a baby shower today only to have the pg friend show up at my house later :/

ETA: 1 bump move sucks it took out my stars!

2 Know the feeling of why me all to we. So many people around me get pg and some are just those people who don't deserve kids or are just terrible people or this stupid friend of a friend who acts like she's 15 all the time. I'll openly admit I am a little bitted but its just something that hurts to be around
    Stephanie Lynn 
    *BFP3:7/10/14 EDD: 3/19/15--Renley Alexander born 3/12/15!!*
    11/17/14-adopted a furbaby named Luna (born 9/05/14)
    BFP2: 11/25/11-Aaron Alexander born sleeping at 31 weeks on 05/31/12
    BFP1: 07/28/11-EDD:3/19/12, natural MC 09/12/11 at 12 wks-HB and growth stopped at 6wks
    S&A together since 05/14/11

• Options
    I'm so sorry honey. Big, squishy (((hugs))) to you!!

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    Hope you are having a better day today!  I know how hard that is.  You want to be happy for them but at the same time it is hard.
    TTC since May 2011
    M/C #1 Chemical Pregnancy Aug 2011
    M/C #2 Blighted Ovum Feb 2012
    M/C #3 Missed Miscarriage after HB Aug 2012
    BFP #4 1/12/13 EDD: 9/26/13 Betas 12DPO: 45, 14DPO: 156, 19DPO: 904, 21DPO: 1,972, 26DPO: 12,230, 28DPO: 22,017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry. I know the feeling.hugs!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    imageMeganS313:
    HUGSnbsp; It's always hard to hear someone elses exciting news when yours was ripped away from you unexpectedly.
    this. So sorry
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMeganS313:
    HUGSnbsp; It's always hard to hear someone elses exciting news when yours was ripped away from you unexpectedly.
    this. So sorry
  • Options
    imageMeganS313:
    this. So sorry
  • Options
    imageMeganS313:
    this. So sorry
  • Options

Well it sounds like she's a very sweet and close friend, so obviously you're happy for her. Unfortunately, it seems like being happy for someone doesn't make it sting any less for you.  I'm sorry you had to deal with that pain and I hope you're feeling better. ((hugs)) 

TTC since July 2011

BFP # 1: m/c at 7wks (EDD May 2012) 

BFP #2: c/p in Nov. 2012 

BFP #3: July 24th, 2013 (EDD April 4th, 2014)

*PgAL / PAL Always Welcome*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm really sorry. It always seems when you want something the most everyone around you is getting it. ((hugs))
    Ashley - Mama to DS born 5/8/2007 Angel Baby #1 M/C 10/2008 DD born 10/21/2009 Angel Baby #2 Missed M/C 12/26/2011, D&C 1/5/1012
    <a href="http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh498/mama2jandl/?action=view
  • Options
    (((hugs))) I am so sorry. It is always hard to hear about people we know being pg, but with close friends it always seems to be the toughest. My best friend from college and my best friend from high school are both due this month. My first due date would have been a couple of weeks ago, so they would have been right behind me. I am so conflicted because I am so thrilled for them and I truly AM excited. But then the next minute it makes me want to cry. I hate that we are all here.
    TTC:Off BCP December 2011. BFP #1 January 16, 2012; EDD September 12, 2012; m/c Feb,1 2012. BFP #2 June 6, 2012; EDD February 11, 2013; diagnosed with blighted ovum/had D&C July 12,2012. BFP #3 October 20, 2012; EDD June 29, 2013. BabyFruit Ticker Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
  • Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I'm feeling better today. It's been tough, all I can do is hope I'll be able to be pregnant along with her at some point soon. (Don't we all hope that? heh)
    BFP #1 7/15/2012
    Natural Miscarriage 8/4/2012 at 7 weeks
    BFP #2 10/26/12 - Baby Jack - Due 7/6/13 - Born 6/7/13
    (born prematurely at 35w 6d, perfectly healthy with no NICU time needed)

• Options

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.  I know the feeling you describe all too well and am sad for you.  I'm dreading the same email from two of my closest friends.  One who I know will try for a second soon and lap me, and another who's a newlywed and "hasn't been trying NOT to get pregnant."  I will be happy for them, and I will love their children, but holy hell it hurts.

Huge hugs coming your way.

PAIF/SAIF, PGAL/PAL welcome.
    TTC since March 2010 ~ Dx Unexplained IF September 2011
    2011: IUI + Clomid = CP#1
    2012: 3 more IUIs + Clomid = 3 more CPs. One on-our-own pg, also CP
    2013: BTB IUI + Lupron/Follistim/Prometrium/PIO = CP #6
    IF testing, RPL testing, Autoimmune testing = all normal
    So lost.
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board