March 2013 Moms

Horrific

So, my best friends mom gave me a baby book to read that shows an actual picture of a baby in the womb from 4 weeks on. Then there's picture's of several women giving birth. In different positions. Some that DEFINITELY do NOT look natural. Now, I am not squeamish about birth pictures, etc. However, I am squeamish about pictures of butt bush. The book had to have been from the late 70's early 80's, and ladies...Holy moly were women extra unkempt down there. I understand that at a certain size and stage of pregnancy may make you not be able to trim or not give a rats about it, but if this book has taught me anything it is: A. Think about getting waxed right before birth B. Never agree to have my birth published full page (or any page) in a book, and C. Never open another book my best friends mom hands me, or my best friend for that matter just to be safe. Sheesh!

PS yes, I have been childishly chasing DH around the house with the bush page wide open!

Been married since 2009.
Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
Several MCs
DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

Re: Horrific

• I've heard of that being referred to as the fur bikini!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am soooo LOLing at this! Although the book is old it's amazing how unkepmt people can be these days. I am a nurse so I get to find out in real life. LOL..... It seriously makes me take care of my goods and wash it plentiful. ha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejvaeth2012:

I've heard of that being referred to as the fur bikini!!

It was waaay beyond fur. It was borderline tree... 

Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• imagemes26:
    I am soooo LOLing at this! Although the book is old it's amazing how unkepmt people can be these days. I am a nurse so I get to find out in real life. LOL..... It seriously makes me take care of my goods and wash it plentiful. ha.

DH makes fun of me that I "groom" down there like we're going on a hot date before I go to the doctor and I know they're going to see my goods.

Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• It was in style to have hair back then, so while it looks weird to us it was as normal as shoulder pads and other awful 70s/80s trends back then.

I'm definitely a fan of being neat and tidy down there, though! 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yuck!! Maybe I'm biased.... I always get full brazilians, and plan to keep them up during my pregnancy. I already can't see that area very well any more, I can't imagine trying to ladyscape myself in any capacity. My waxer says that all her clients that get pregnant have kept them up, right up until delivery. She said one client who went into labor unexpectedly (and before her scheduled waxing) actually called her begging her to come to the hospital to do it before she had the baby!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I certainly couldn't keep up with it after like 32 weeks I had put on so much weight. And I have never waxed down below. You have to remember, even things like shaving legs wasn't mainstream until that time period. Normal women, aka not models, didn't bother shaving down there typically. It isn't weird, it's normal! And I'll bet you wish you had the guts to put such pictures of yourself in a book! Lol!
  • imagedoozer1345:
    imagejvaeth2012:

I've heard of that being referred to as the fur bikini!!

It was waaay beyond fur. It was borderline tree... 

I almost just spit out my water!!!! LMAO!! I def prefer to keep it "clean" down there & I plan on keeping it that way...especailly for my delivery. Nobody wants to see a "hot mess" down there!

Mommy-to-Be of Baby M!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am an esthetician, so I have always been a fan of keeping it groomed down there. HOWEVER, these doctor's/nurses have seen everything so don't worry if after awhile you can't reach or see, it's nothing they haven't seen before.

As far as the bush back then, it was normal. Shaving/waxing is a total generational thing. For instance, my mom and other women her age (and even some younger) think it's weird. Also, men's preference is generational too. So most younger men want it clean, and I would say 40+ don't care (of course with the exception of some). 

Just little things I found interesting while working in my profession... :)

Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • Normal 0 0 1 186 1063 8 2 1305 11.1287 0 0 0

I may have been reading this wrong but are some of you ladies saying that if you have hair down there that you aren't clean?

Theories on why we have Pubic hair are 1) meant to protect your body from getting infections, as well as your Rear end entrance 2) Allow protection from friction that may cause blisters or chafing (I.E. sex primitively speaking or even against clothes and underwear today) 3) the ability to trap and release pheromones that help humans give off a "scent" when we are ovulating and ready to procreate. Especially being female we understand Ovulation and the different forms of Mucus we produce around ovulation and increased sexual attraction we get to our partners. Therefore, it has a purpose and protective function.

I have tried everything, shaving, waxing, you name it I have tried it thinking it was what I was "supposed" to do. But every time I broke out so severely the pain of wearing underwear was excruciating. You can stay well kept and clean while not shaving or waxing; personally I would rather deal with my natural hair than red bumps all over my crotch and rear end. I just think to say it is "gross" on other women is a little presumptive that they are au natural for style. 

Just one Pregnant lady's opinion and as always to each their own :) 

• imagecandypenky2007:
    Normal 0 0 1 186 1063 8 2 1305 11.1287 0 0 0

I may have been reading this wrong but are some of you ladies saying that if you have hair down there that you aren't clean?

Theories on why we have Pubic hair are 1) meant to protect your body from getting infections, as well as your Rear end entrance 2) Allow protection from friction that may cause blisters or chafing (I.E. sex primitively speaking or even against clothes and underwear today) 3) the ability to trap and release pheromones that help humans give off a "scent" when we are ovulating and ready to procreate. Especially being female we understand Ovulation and the different forms of Mucus we produce around ovulation and increased sexual attraction we get to our partners. Therefore, it has a purpose and protective function.

I have tried everything, shaving, waxing, you name it I have tried it thinking it was what I was "supposed" to do. But every time I broke out so severely the pain of wearing underwear was excruciating. You can stay well kept and clean while not shaving or waxing; personally I would rather deal with my natural hair than red bumps all over my crotch and rear end. I just think to say it is "gross" on other women is a little presumptive that they are au natural for style. 

Just one Pregnant lady's opinion and as always to each their own :) 

I agree with the above. I able to be clean and be hairy ;)  I also break out if I try to go "not natural."  I've tried many methods too, I think my skin is too sensitive.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm guessing in 20-50 years the pubic hair "style" will have swung back to more natural.  So there will be a bunch of women then looking at pictures of women with brazillians and various waxes giving birth and going "Gross--naked genitals are disgusting" and talking about how they would never get rid of their pubes and what must the doctor think when they see a waxed vulva?!

Really I would think of all the "embarrassing" things to worry about during birth, pooping on oneself during vaginal delivery would be much higher on the list than pubes.

BFP #1 9/21/11. EDD 6/4/12.  Twins discovered at 8 weeks. Twin B lost at 14 weeks due to megacystis.  Alice Joe born and lost 1/5/12 at 18.5 weeks due to pre-term labor.

BFP #2 7/11/12.  EDD 3/23/13.  Ada Alice born 3/20/13.

• My OB text book is supposed to be up to date but all the pictures have to be from the 80's because every single women has a huge bush...and coke bottle glasses and mullet type hairstyles.  I loathe this book!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think as many woman get waxed, shave down there, as you ladies think. I know in my circles they don't. I agree with a previous poster, that you can be clean and still have the hair your body grows naturally. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"