June 2012 Moms
Options

Ladies, ladies... some netiquette!

As an established member of this board who has treated everyone with kindness, I hope you can hear me out... 

I have kept my mouth shut about all the drama.  I tried my best to ignore it.  But, for the past month or two it has completely overrun this board.  The bad behavior has not been limited to these two users-- a lot of posters have been down right nasty to various users.

Back towards the end of our pregnancies, it was really nice around here.  I was a very regular poster and the vibe on this board was generally positive and supportive.  Now it is completely toxic and dramatic. I took a month long break and it is still going on... if I were into this, I would just watch RHONJ.  But, I miss the old days, so here is a last ditch effort...

So- as a community, I think it would be nice to establish some norms for this board.  Nothing too overbearing, but maybe some basics like...

- It's OK to disagree but no personal attacks or name calling.

- If you dislike someone, just ignore them.  Not clicking on their posts (0 views) sends a strong message about what kind of behavior is acceptable

- What happens on FB stays on FB.

- If you have something to say to just one user, send them a PM and don't make it a mob scene or a witch hunt. 

- If there is an emergency, such as a predator, one warning post should do it. 

- Value this board as a positive place where you can seek support.

What do you think?  How do we want this board to be?  I hope you can share them respectfully and help make this board a happy and productive place again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ladies, ladies... some netiquette!

• Options

Awesome post. 100% agree!

• Options
    Yes Couldn't agree more!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think 90% of the people here use the board appropriately. If we do not reply to the drama posts people will give up.

There have been nasty comments on this board for a long time and lots of name calling and personal attacks. It just escalated.

I am ignoring the nasty people and hoping that they will go away again.  The board was so nice before they came back.

I think the RHONJ are classier LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Thanks for your support, gals.  acb, I agree with you.  It's just the teacher in me that wants to encourage others to be nice and play fair.  I can't help myself.

Plus I feel sad because if it doesn't die down soon, I'm going to have to quit.  RHONJ fills the toxic drama quota in my life-- seat's taken! 

Can you BELIEVE how Joe G. behaved at that vineyard?!??  He is totally stepping out on Teresa... unreal! 

• Options
    Notfrancie for president!!

I agree with you totally!

I do feel that there are enough kind and amazing mommies on this board that we can continue to thrive with or without the drama.
    I will continue to post, and continue to ignore the drama, as Ive been doing all along.
    I hope that others will do the same!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I nominate Jamiah as my VP.  I am wondering how you are doing with going back to work soon... are you feeling any better?  I hope so!
  • Options
    imagenotfrancie:

Thanks for your support, gals.  acb, I agree with you.  It's just the teacher in me that wants to encourage others to be nice and play fair.  I can't help myself.

Plus I feel sad because if it doesn't die down soon, I'm going to have to quit.  RHONJ fills the toxic drama quota in my life-- seat's taken! 

Can you BELIEVE how Joe G. behaved at that vineyard?!??  He is totally stepping out on Teresa... unreal! 

Those two won't last very long. Teresa became a petty psycho this season, I must say....

• Options
    Yeah, they are all acting so crazy.  Except for Kathy.  I kind of love her.  
  • Options

imagenotfrancie:
    Yeah, they are all acting so crazy.  Except for Kathy.  I kind of love her.  

Her husband cracks me up! I've been pretty addicted to Bravo lately. It makes the long nursing hours easier.

• Options
    Love it! Great post, notfrancie! Smile
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I apologize for my drama post last night- Certain people were all over every post and it made me mad.
  • Options

imagenotfrancie:
    I nominate Jamiah as my VP.  I am wondering how you are doing with going back to work soon... are you feeling any better?  I hope so!

Aww, thanks for asking!! We actually decided to extend my leave til after Christmas (yay!)  Right now, I'm just waiting for approval from the school board. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagethatoneredhead:
    I apologize for my drama post last night- Certain people were all over every post and it made me mad.

It can be so hard to hold your tongue with all the drama around.. believe me I've been tempted myself!

ETA: Jamiah, that is great news! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aww, Red!  I think you are super and in general very supportive and positive.  No apologies necessary.
  • Options
    Jamiah, that is so awesome!  I think you will feel better with that extra time under your belt.  Plus, as a teacher, it will be a more natural time to start with your class.
  • Options
    imageebettley:

Awesome post. 100% agree!

me too 

• Options

imageJessieCupcake:
    Love it! Great post, notfrancie! Smile

AGREED!!! 

• Options
    Amen.  I really don't post anymore (not that I was super regular anyway) because all the drama being perpetuated OVER AND OVER is just irritating.  If we can get back to the fun way it was before I'd be much more likely to be active again.  Great post!
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with your post 100%. I am usually a lurker but since my LO has been born I have been trying to turn here for questions and support, now all I see is this drama going on for months now. It needs to end!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagenotfrancie:
    Aww, Red!  I think you are super and in general very supportive and positive.  No apologies necessary.

naww thanks :)  

• Options

imagethatoneredhead:

ooh drama post? link please?  :) 

• Options
    I think the FB people need to stay on FB if all they are going to do is post drama ***.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"