Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Um.. Question about hemorrhoids..

Hi ladies! I had my littl guy 3 months ago and about a month after he was born my hemorrhoids started to get really painful. I finally got a prescription from the Dr. After two months of dealing with painful bathroom visits. I was hoping that they would go away but apparently that's not the case. I'm curious if any of you ladies are experiencing, have had them, etc and how long it took for them to ease up? I just dred going to the bathroom.. :(

Re: Um.. Question about hemorrhoids..

• I don't know, but I am having the same problem! I'm having to use those toilet tissue wet wipes because I cannot even begin to think about using regular tissue on my backside. I don't even know what to do. I've tried Tucks and other types of OTC stuff, but nothing helps. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Have you tried a sitz bath? They sell them in the drug store. They helped me after I delivered. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • It got really bad for me about 2 months pp. I never had them before I gave birth. What helped was eating more fiber, drinking lots of water and taking stool softeners for a few days (Sennakot). And using Tucks pads.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sit in a hot bath as many times a day as you can, especially after going to the bathroom. Get online right away and order the "Bottom Balm" from Earth Mama Angel Baby, I've tried everything and it is the absolute best! You can use it several times a day in addition to your prescription. Feel better!
  • I have had the same issue - I think I developed the hemmies during delivery but I think I mistook the pain, etc... as the overall post-partum healing.  At about 2 1/2 months PP they got really bad so I saw the doc, who gave me a prescription - seemed to work, but as of last week, they're back :-(  I too, dread going potty these days!

I am going to try some OTCs (maybe look for the bottom balm suggested by PP?) and drink as much water as possible.  I'll call the doc if they're not better in a week or so.  Good luck.  It really sucks! 

Also - I noticed on the med information thing that some of the ingredients could be adverse if breastfeeding, but I looked them up and in fact, the stuff in Prep H, etc... is fine to use. 

• This is my only issue after my delivery. I actually went to the GI doc when the babies were 3.5 mos old and he said that I had 2 fissures and that is what caused the pain and bleeding. He said to stop using steroid suppositories and to just take citrucel (fiber) to have soft, regular BM's. I went back 6 wks later and the fissures have almost healed...but he said it is easy for them to tear open again. He said tucks and an occasional steroid cream/suppository for hemorrhoids is ok. He said if the hemorrhoids get really bad, that I could see a colorectal doc for removal/treatment of hemorroids.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Thanks ladies! My doc knows I'm BFing and gave me a scrip that is ok to use. My pharmacist said anusol is a good ointment to use but I may try the other stuff suggested. I'm thinking of dumping a bottle of witch hazel into baby wipes as I heard that helps when wiping. I have Metamucil too. Maybe I'll start taking that. Ugh this sucks. I know they developed during delivering my son... I hope they go away soon! They don't operate on them here if they get too bad. 

• I second the sitz bath.  Do it at least 3 times per day for 15 minutes.  That is the only thing that helped me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"