2nd Trimester
Options

Concealing bump (New Job)

So I recently went on 2 interviews for a really amazing promotion.

When I had interview #1, I really wanted to focus on my skills and attributes versus this large growing baby in my belly. So I wore an over sized scarf and covered it all with a loose suit jacket. Well...they called me a for a 2nd interview Friday and offered me the job by the end of the day.

Now the dilemma.........

I start Monday morning and baby can no longer be hidden. I'm need to tell my new boss....probably first thing. Just nervous how. Any thoughts/suggestions??

Im due on New Years so we have roughly 3 months until I would go on maternity leave. I thought about saying "In case you didn't notice....I am expecting" and making it a light issue and see how she responds. 

Ideas on approaches???

Re: Concealing bump (New Job)

• Options

My situation is unique because the promotion is within the same company I work for. Just a totally different office, unit, and location. Ive been with them for 3 years so far so this would just be a promotion within. So I'm pretty sure I still am eligble for the standard FMLA as well as my short term disability.

They may notice or suspect I'm pregnant. Its hard to say. They certainly didn't ask and I didn't bring it up. But....I think I did a pretty good job of making it questionable.

• Options
    imagecutemary007:

My situation is unique because the promotion is within the same company I work for. Just a totally different office, unit, and location. Ive been with them for 3 years so far so this would just be a promotion within. So I'm pretty sure I still am eligble for the standard FMLA as well as my short term disability.

They may notice or suspect I'm pregnant. Its hard to say. They certainly didn't ask and I didn't bring it up. But....I think I did a pretty good job of making it questionable.

They can't bring it up legally, it's considered discrimination.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"