Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Naps

Do you ever wake your little ones from a nap?  Our LO is 7 weeks old.  Yesterday, he napped for 2 and a half hours in his swing....we sort of woke him up by stopping the swing.  He is now a half hour past his next feeding time (generally every 3 hours during the day)...still snoozing away in his swing.  I hate to wake him up just to keep him on a schedule.  We just increased his bottles to 5oz, so maybe he can just go longer in between now?  Last night he went from 9pm to 4am (slept from 10 to 4).  So the long nap didn't affect him.

Would you wake him up?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: Naps

• Options

Are you nursing or formula feeding?

• Options
    Formula feeding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm. I am not sure. Breastmilk is digested faster than formula, so until recently I would make sure to wake my baby (exclusively nursed) every 2 hours during the day to make sure that she drank enough during the day so that she'd sleep a bit more at night. I **THINK** that since you are formula feeding, you could just let your baby sleep as much as he wants, as long as it isn't affecting his sleep at night (i.e. switching the days with nights), but I really know NOTHING about formula.
  • Options
    I wake after 3.5 hrs max from her last feeding, we are FFing too. I want to load her up in the day so she sleeps well at night.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    If there isn't a medical reason and they are back to/surpassed birth weight I say let em sleep.  I would probably wake LO up if he hit 4hrs during the day to reenforce day/night sleep differences.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD is 8 years old. She was the same way, slept constantly (10-12 hours at night!). Her ped so there was no need to wake her, if she was hungry she would wake up.

Consider yourself SUPER lucky! DS is 8 weeks and doesn't sleep at all during the day! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"