March 2013 Moms
Options

petite & trouble finding a maternity coat that fits - where to look?

I tried on the coats at Destination Maternity, and the shoulders are too long, and the sleeves too long.  I know it would cost a lot to get a wool coat altered, so I don't want to buy one that doesn't fit.

Old Navy has xs coats on their website, but they always tend to be too boxy in the shoulders with long sleeves as well.

Gap coats fit me in an xs, but they aren't selling maternity coats this year!  (Or yet, which makes me think not at all.)

It gets sooo cold where I am, so I don't think I will be able to manage with my coat open and a scarf.

I work in a formal office and can't get away with wearing something that's too big or a puffy down coat, etc.  Everyone in my office wears nice wool coats to work, as we have to also wear suits, etc.  I suppose I could leave something less formal in my car, BUT that still doesn't solve for weekends when I really need something that fits for when I am running errands, shoveling light snow off the front steps, etc.  (Husband will do heavy shoveling this year.)

I don't know what to do, or where else to look.

Anyone have suggestions or can give insight on what they did, if they are also an xs and petite?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: petite & trouble finding a maternity coat that fits - where to look?

• Options

Hey Lady,

I had success finding a nice wool coat at a second-hand store in my area.  Do you have any where you live?  I looked there first because I didn't want to pay full price for a coat I'd only wear for 1 season.  But it might work well in your situation as well.

Good luck!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options

Asos has a couple- free shipping and returns.  There are often 20% codes floating around...

https://us.asos.com/Women-Maternity/rsry2/?cid=5813#state=Rf900%3D3717&parentID=Rf900&pge=0&pgeSize=20&sort=-1

eta- their sizes are European, so even though they say 4, it's more like a 2 or 0.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Burlington has some good one and they have a big selection!  Good luck!
  • Options

Ohh, awesome idea!  I will see about consignment stores around us, will check out the link, and there is a Burlington like 20 mins away.

Thanks, ladies!

• Options
    I'm petite but not thin. I'm 5'3 and lets just say overweight. I found a good fit at motherhood. It's not wool but I like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"