Dads & Dads-to-be

what would you want for a new dad gift?

I want to get my husband a gift either for at the hospital or shortly before or after.  He bought me a 20 week gift for a spa, which I thought was really sweet.  I'd love to get him something that lets him know how much I appreciate him, especially during the pregnancy.  

Any ideas? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what would you want for a new dad gift?

• https://ball-one.com/Home_Page.html

I thought this was cool. You give it to the hospital and when they footprint the baby, they can also do it on the ball. It is a nifty little gift that I thought would be cool.

• imagepolooo26:
    This has been talked about and I believe the conclusion was that you giving him a baby was gift enough. My suggestion was a picture frame if you still wanted to do something. You could probably find the other thread in here without too much effort for some other ideas (I forget what they were) and maybe some more ideas will come out of this thread.

I believe the answer was a BJ. Unless she is the rare wife that actually feels like going down regularly during her pregnancy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLuckyDad:

wife that actually feels like going down regularly during her pregnancy.

That doesn't happen in real life. LOL. Cool

• New dad gifts aren't necessary.  I get the push present, the mom just went through a big ordeal (c-section or natural, it is big), but dad is just there for support, and the biggest gift a dad can get is the baby itself.  He now gets to be a bigger part of it, instead of just an observer.
  • imageColtsdad:
    He now gets to be a bigger part of it, instead of just an observer.

Thats the biggest thing I am looking forward to.

• The only gift I looked forward to getting was seeing my son be born.  No other gift in the world can trump that.  Save yourself some time and effort and trust us.  He does not need a gift, and if you did get him a gift it would never rise to the top like seeing his child born will.

• Just say thank you to him and tell him why you appreciate him so much. I agree with the poster who said letting him be more involved. We don't want gifts. We want our wife and kids happy. IF you MUST buy something, I LOVE the ball idea...anything with pictures or foot/handprints of the baby...something with meaning for the event. For Father's Day this year, my wife took my two sons to a local park, took pictures of them holding the letters D-A-D, and framed it. That is THE BEST present I have ever had.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"