Post Partum Hair Loss — The Bump
Atlanta Babies

Post Partum Hair Loss

Ugh! I hate this part. My hair is falling out like crazy. It started last week and just keeps going. I'm going to be bald, or at least have bald spots. I forgot how bad it looked after Owen. Has anyone found anything that helps it stop falling out or re grow faster? Or any advice on a good hair style to help camouflage how thin it is in the front? I'm going to cry in a glass of wine.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Post Partum Hair Loss

• I had it really bad after my DS. I was worried something was seriously wrong with me. Thankfully it grows back. I don't have any tips or tricks to offer unfortunately.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you still taking prenatal vitamins? I found that helped when I was losing my hair after shedding a bunch of weight.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine has started too. On the plus side I read that it is just hair that didn't fall out for 9 months while you were pregnant, so you won't really be worse for the wear. It is just nasty. And uhh I really am not excited for the "baby bangs".
    Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • Mine was really bad too, plus the thyroid issues and it lasted WAY longer than I would have liked.  Luckily, I have a lot of hair, but now my issue is these little sprigs that just stick up in the front.  Looks ridiculous.  No advice... but lots of sympathy!

• My dermatologist recommended Biotin capsules.
  • I do take biotin but mine did not grow back.  The dermatologist suggested a hair transplant.  Seriously.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies. It's so sad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards