Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

I've been warned

Just got a text from my wife:

"I am an emotional nightmare.  Get excited"

Even at her worst she usually isn't bad.  She doesn't hold a candle to the horror we see on tv or hear about through the grapevine.  At least I got a heads up.  I'll know what I am walking into when I get home from work.

Re: I've been warned

• Options
    Oh dear well at least you got some warning
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha.  It had already been decided that I would be grilling burgers.  When I got home she was napping and that seemed to right the ship. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A warning and you came home to her napping....awesome. Count your blessings! There is nothing worst than driving home knowing that your wife is not happy with you...of life. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Bad news guys....

Those "emotional nightmare" events do not go away post birth.  My mother has never once taken my side when it comes to my wife and I getting into spats.

Since I am now the sole target of my wife's emotional, hormonal wrath, my mother actually looks out for me more than she ever has in my adult life.

My wife says a lot of this post birth emotional stress has to do with her becoming a mother, being nervous about that, while losing her identity as a wife only and an independent woman.

I am guessing none of us guys goes that deep with our emotions when it comes to being new dads....

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Chocolate. Ice Cream. Stat.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"