September 2012 Moms
Options

Posterior Cervix?

I don't think this has been discussed, or if it has, I'm sorry I missed it.

How many of you had a posterior cervix during the end of your pregnancy? 

What was the result? (Just went overdue, induction, c/s, etc)

My midwife brushed it off as NBD, but I was researching it on the evil Google machine, and I'm seeing lots of stories of induction and c/s. 

TIA!

Emilia Antoinette
10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Posterior Cervix?

• Options

Mine is dilated 2-3 but still posterior, as well.  I was actually just googling last night for the first time and I saw several stories of ladies who were quite posterior just before going into labor, and it moved right up in early labor.  I also saw stories of ladies who were still posterior in active labor and the OB just kind of tugged at it and it moved up and they delivered just fine.

I was looking up things to do to try to move the cervix up, and the things that I saw were crawling around on your hands and knees, pelvic tilts and bouncing on the yoga ball.

Obviously this is all anecdotal and internet-obtained information, but I thought it was worth sharing!  I've been on my hands and knees, wiggling my butt back and forth, for 45 minutes this morning:) Best of luck!!

*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Me! Ridiculously posterior and high couldn't reach it at 40w, barely at 41w, still posterior and high the day of my induction.

The posteriorness had nothing to do with the induction. My MW said it would shift during labor and it did. Had a vaginal birth with difficulty, but I think it was related to the shape of my pelvis, not cervical position.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was dilated to almost 4cm but still quite posterior at 9am last Thursday. Baby came fast and furiously without intervention on Friday night at 39w2d.

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• Options
    My cervix was still posterior when i got to the hospital. I was finger tip dilated but bc of SROM, the tetanic contractions and the fact I was a VBAC candidate, they had to keep me. This was a good thing bc I went from 110 in 90 minutes. I had a natural, vaginal birth.

The position of the cervix will move anterior during active labor.
  • Options
    Mine was still posterior when I was admitted to l&d at 6cm. I think it was posterior when I was 9cm..they let me labor down for an hour before I started pushing and by then it was ready to go and he came out in 4 pushes. I wouldn't worry..my labor was still only 12hrs start to finish. No induction or pitocin or anything needed.
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options

Wow, thanks everyone for your input!  I definitely feel better. Stupid Google.

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mine was posterior for sure at 38 weeks & I'm pretty sure it was still posterior at 39 weeks. DD was born at 39 weeks 2 days. I went into labor naturally & she was delivered vaginally.

My cervix was also extremely posterior when I went into labor on my own with DS at 40 weeks exactly. He was also a vaginal birth.

• Options
    Don't feel stupid, Unem...the scary stuff always pops up first!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, mine is still very posterior and I'm obviously still pregnant. All I know is it makes those internal exams more fun than usual. I have to basically place both fists up under my butt, and even then my OB has a challenging time reaching it. Fun!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"