Baby Showers
Options

Sip and See ?

I am a STM and having a girl this time (DS is 3). We have turned down several offers for a second shower (NMS) even though I come from a large family that has showers for all babies including #3+ because they look at it as celebrating each child. Anyways I have gotten alot of flack about it lately but really want to stick to my guns about it. We have basically gotten everything we need for her ourselves and saved alot of our gender neutral stuff from DS therefore I just don't see a point of having one. 

I am being induced Dec. 21st so I won't be making it to our huge family Christmas get-together this year which is really bumming me out. I have never missed it in my life. But also makes me sad DS will miss it as well. Family traditions are really important to me and I grew up really close to my entire extended family. Anyways long story short I am throwing around the idea of having a sip and see after the new year so we can have an opportunity to see everyone we missed at the Christmas gathering but I have never been to one before and know nothing about them. I was looking at invitations on Etsy and they all seemed to have registry info on them. Is it ok to put no gifts on the invite or better to say nothing at all? Are these a good idea for STM's? Any input is appreciated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: Sip and See ?

• Options

I think it's a great idea!

They make sip and see invitations. And most of the designers on who sell on Etsy can edit them in any way you want. Try messaging them and asking if they could alter the wording.

As for the actual wording, I believe those oh so very nice friends and family will bring something anyway!

• Options
    You know 3 months out that you're going to be induced?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

In general, it's considered in bad taste to put "no gifts" on an invite because it kind of assumes that you should be getting gifts.

But I did it anyway for my Meet the Baby party - just cause people wouldn't know otherwise.  And my invites were mostly a facebook event or an email, so casual was key.

I'd keep it casual for your sip & see invites - no registry info just "come meet our new daughter!" 

• Options

I would not mention the gifts.

Ive seen lines like "your presence is present enough" but then that sort of implies people who dont attend should send you something.  So probably best to say nothing and just graciously accept whatever anyone brings.

BabyFruit Ticker It's a Girl!
  • Options

imageEastCoastBride:

My December 19 c-section has ben scheduled since July. When scheduling around Christmas, Dr's like to get on the books early. And if she is working around a complication she had with a previous birth, it's not uncommon. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options

I say go for it!  I think it'd be a great way for your family to get to see you, your family and new baby.  (especially since you're missing the big family Christmas plans)

I don't think "no gifts" is tacky.  Put if if you want.  I always appreciate that on invites when it's listed.  (just my two cents)

"Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageEastCoastBride:

Actually I've known 4 months out. I have GD and was induced with DS. Since that is the week of Christmas we planned in advance to make it easier for everyone. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    I wouldn't mention it- I'm sure you'll get some because there are always people who want to buy something for new babies and because it's so close to the holidays, but I wouldn't call it out on the invites.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"