Tennessee Babies

Chattanooga Area- Where to Deliver?

I actually live in Ringgold area.  Have been seeing a midwife @ Chatt Center 4 Women.  Hubby wants me to go to Parkridge East (East Ridge)  I was leaning toward Erlinger East - Women's Center. What do you think?  Any opinions would be helpful.  I am not familiar with local area hospitals.  Insurance is pretty good, so I think it is my choice.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chattanooga Area- Where to Deliver?

• I gave birth with Carolyn Drake of Birth Wellness at her home on Belvoir Ave. She has an amazing birth tub that I used to labor and birth in! As far as insurance goes, it would be outofnetwork unless they will make an innetwork exception. Either way, hospital births are statistically more expensive than home births. If you are healthy and have had a low risk pregnancy I highly encourage checking into using Carolyn Drake! If an emergency should arise, she is only a few minutes from the hospital and has an OB/GYN if needed. Don't be afraid to explore options outside of a hospital I'm so glad I did!
  • I delivered at Erlanger downtown because DS was preemie and they have a NICU. I had a great experience.

My SIL delivered both of her girls at Erlanger Women's East. She had a great experience both times and has said she would deliver there again. 

I don't know anything about Parkridge. Sorry. 

Have you toured either or both hospitals? That might give you more an opinion about which you prefer. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I delieverd at Parkridge East with my first daughter and I loved the nurses and environment there. My second daughter I delievered at Womens East, the only thing I loved about that hospital is that they keep the baby with you 24/7 from the time you deliever which I thought was great. What I didn't like was that the nurses seemed really rude. I had a much better experience at parkridge, the only thing was after i delievered my daughter via c section they took her to the nursery and I didn't see her for two hours lol.
  • I just found Birth Wellness yesterday & wondered about them... I am high risk, though for several reasons and this birth will be an attempted VBAC, so it is probably out of the question... Might be a question worth asking, though.  Thanks!

• Thanks for the input on the two!  My first baby was C-section, and I saw him for like 10 seconds before they put me out & I woke up 4 hours later, baby nowhere in sight until I called for a nurse.  I REALLY didn't like that!  I am hoping for a VBAC and fewer complications, so maybe I can have my baby on my chest for the first few minutes of her life, like it should be! 

ANYWAY, Thanks for the info.  I know I should probably tour both hospitals pretty soon so I can start planning & getting DH ready for what ever.

Thanks again!

• who is your midwife? I also go to chatt center for women I see Katie Garrett, i love her to death and Dr.Collins does my c-section, she is a total sweet heart and such a caring person..
  • I just interviewed with Carolyn and am so happy to hear you liked the experience. My husband and I are going to check out the Madisonville Birthing Center too but I fell in love with Carolyn. We're leaning toward homebirth with her. What made you choose her home instead of your own?

Thanks!

• I see Sarah Smith, but she's only there part time teaches. She will not be delivering me. I saw Katie the last time I went in. She said one of the Drs would have to see me because I'm a VBAC. I was hoping for Dr Collins, but don't know yet... we'll see.
  • imageladyviolet72:
    I just found Birth Wellness yesterday amp; wondered about them... I am high risk, though for several reasons and this birth will be an attempted VBAC, so it is probably out of the question... Might be a question worth asking, though.nbsp; Thanks!nbsp;

I am pretty certain Carolyn Drake has experience with VBACs. She will go over a check list to see what your risk level is and whether she is okay with taking you on as a patient, and if she has availability. If she is booked around your duedate, have her refer you to the other CPMs in town... they are all awesome!
  • imagetracieg1515:
    I just interviewed with Carolyn and am so happy to hear you liked the experience. My husband and I are going to check out the Madisonville Birthing Center too but I fell in love with Carolyn. We're leaning toward homebirth with her. What made you choose her home instead of your own?
    Thanks!

I was not married to my now husband and I had been going back and forth between my parents' house in Chattanooga and my fiance's parents' outside of Murfreesboro. It was a bit of a stressful situation and my mother was being rather unkind. Carolyn became an advocate and a true mentor, as she had her first child at the age of 16. She went above and beyond to help us and allowed us to stay a couple extra days until I felt my mother had adjusted her attitude a bit. She was truly a Godsend!
  • imageBriDaily:
    imagetracieg1515:
    I just interviewed with Carolyn and am so happy to hear you liked the experience. My husband and I are going to check out the Madisonville Birthing Center too but I fell in love with Carolyn. We're leaning toward homebirth with her. What made you choose her home instead of your own? Thanks!
    I was not married to my now husband and I had been going back and forth between my parents' house in Chattanooga and my fiance's parents' outside of Murfreesboro. It was a bit of a stressful situation and my mother was being rather unkind. Carolyn became an advocate and a true mentor, as she had her first child at the age of 16. She went above and beyond to help us and allowed us to stay a couple extra days until I felt my mother had adjusted her attitude a bit. She was truly a Godsend!

That is so wonderful! WE visited the Madisonville Birthing Center and I ran for the hills! I am interviewing Rachel Jiminez soon as my last one-then booking Carolyn! I really enjoyed Carolyns house, the only drawback for us was that theres no room for family to attend. Thats whats pushing us to home birth with her.

Thanks for all the info!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"