Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Life completely changes tomorrow...and an update

This must be what fathers of scheduled c-section babies feel like. Tomorrow my life will never be the same. We pick up our 10 month old foster boy tomorrow afternoon and he'll be the first baby we've had in the house full-time. It'll be an adventure that we are so thrilled to have!

Additionally, he'll come on the day we roll 11wks pregnant with our surrogate! I can't believe how quickly the last two weeks went and I know that it'll go by faster starting tomorrow. We are scheduling our announcement photos for the end of the month. I'm so ready to be able to talk to everyone openly about it.

I hired an attorney today...and I lived to tell about it! We decided not to take the chance that I would be listed on the birth cert even though Oklahoma law allows me to. It felt a little too risky and I'm willing to pay $6K for it (we need two) especially since we get $5K back from my wife's work for the adoption.  

Hope all is well!

Chris 

***Loss and success mentioned***
Me:34, Wife: 32
IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Life completely changes tomorrow...and an update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"