VBAC
Options

Feeling discouraged

I lurk here often but have never posted.  DD1 was born a week early, epi free, vaginal birth. DD2&3, twins were born at 35w3d by csection due to baby B being breech.  I felt so cheated out of the birth. This pregnancy I've been planning for a VBAC and I was told before getting pregnant I was a perfect VBAC patient.   I switched to a group of midwives and have been studying Hypnobabies and planning for a med free birth.  Problem is I'm now 4 days pass my EDD with a big baby.  He measured 10lbs12oz at an u/s at 39 wks.  The hospital will not induce me with low dose pit....none around me will...especially since they think baby is big.  I had to schedule at RSC for 42wks because of hospital policy but I'm really hoping baby comes on his own before then!  Last week I got all nervous after the u/s that they'd pressure me into an early RCS so I tried everything to get labor going...even took castor oil (which didn't even make me go to the barhroom). Then I realized, he will come when he's ready. But now as I get further past my EDD, I'm getting nervous again. My favorite MW tells me big babies tend to take longer. I hope so! Any advice?
imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Feeling discouraged

• Options

Aw, hang in there! I was a huge mess at the end of my pregnancy with my second son - I went a good 41.5-42 weeks (I was fuzzy on my due date), and even though my MWs were really nice about it, I was stressed about going so long.

FWIW, he was also 10.5 lbs (we didn't know he was going to be that large), and it was a smooth labor and birth. Good luck!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    The good news is that you have 10 days to get things going!  That's a ton of time.  Keep walking, having sex and trying to relax.   You've gone into labor on your own before, so odds are definitely in your favor.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You're doing great and you are a wonderful VBAC candidate.  You have plenty of time to get that little guy out of there!

My DS was 10 lbs 2 oz and he came at 41 weeks 1 day.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    By the way, I LOVE your photo- one of the girls seems a little more content with the addition of a little brother than the other;-)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

I'm right there with you. I just clicked over here to write a similar post. Except I'm insulin-dependent, so my OB won't let me go past my due date. I have a RCS scheduled for 39+6. She won't induce unless I'm "highly favorable."

I had my membranes stripped last week at almost 38 weeks and had a few hours of timable contractions that night. But at my appointment this morning I'd made no more progress toward the goal. I'm getting acupuncture treatments too, but I'm not convinced they're doing anything. I have a pedicure scheduled for this afternoon and a massage on Wednesday. If nothing else at least I'll be super relaxed!

I never went into labor with my son. I was induced at 41+2 and never got past 5 cm after 15 hours on pitocin. I just want some proof that my body can do this. :(

DS born 5/25/09 BFP #2 10/25/11, m/c 11/5/11 BFP #3 1/20/11 EDD 10/1/11 BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You can do it. Be patient. My little man waited until the day before surgery was scheduled. I would have been 41+6 weeks. My fella was only 8lbs so I don't know why he decided to wait so long. My OB refused any type of induction with my VBAC so I had no choice but to wait. I hadn't even dilated a fingertip at any appointments to have had my membranes swept. I just waited for labor and it eventually came.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"