Cincinnati Babies
Options

cerclage?

Has anyone had a cerclage and did it prevent pre-term labor/miscarriage?

I may need one and am worried!

Thanks

erinmer

Re: cerclage?

• Options
    I've never heard of it, but just wanted to say good luck. Hope it works for you!
  • Options

I have had 3 cerclages! I just found out we are expecting again and will have my 4th. They really are not that bad. We lost our first daughter to preterm labor at 24 weeks and I have had one ever since with all the other pregnancy. I also get progesterone shots to prevent preterm labor/miscarriages.

You get an epidural to have it placed at around 13 weeks and then they remove it at 36 weeks. I feel I have 3 soon to be 4 beautiful kids from it.

Why do you think or need a cerclage? Are you high risk?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@iluvivy: I have had a LEEP in the recent past (a little over  a year ago) and my dr said that sometimes leads to cervical insufficiency. Thanks for putting my mind at ease in case I need one:)

erinmer
  • Options
    I just list a baby in October due to preterm labor 21wks. Now I'm pregnant again will have a cerclage at 12wks. I'm very nervous but if it keeps the baby in ill be happy. I also have had a leep in 2007.
  • Options

Great news is that I have had 3 cerclages and now with this pregnancy I do not have one! The three where no big deal, however it is nice to not need one. My cervix has not changed. Just make sure that the follow you with cervical lengths when prego weekly.

How are you doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"