Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Keurig users... use your own coffee?

I love my Keurig, but I cant stand all the plastic cups. I got the MyKeurig thing, that supposedly allows you to use your own coffee... It just doesnt work. The 9 oz size is very weak, and the 7 oz is too strong. Anyone have an alternative?

Re: Keurig users... use your own coffee?

• Options

I don't have a keurig, but my sis does, she tried the MyKeurig cup and she did not like it either and buys the KCups again.

We decided not to invest in one for the same reason, but now that we have different coffee needs, it sounds so nice to brew whatever you want for the amount you want.

ETA: Try a darker roast, that may help.

• Options

I found with the my k cup I get a better cup of coffee by putting less in it than I think I should use.

I was filling it up to the max level (2 - 2 1/2 tbls I believe...it's been awhile) and making the larger cup. I discovered that by putting less in it brewed a stronger, better tasting cuppa.  You could try experimenting with amounts. I think I use more like 1 1/2 tbls now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would guess that it's the coffee you're using that is the problem.  We had been using 8'o clock and it was TERRIBLE in the Keurig.  Right now, I'm using plain old Kroger brand and it's awesome.  It made me switch back from using regular k-cups to using my own in the re-usable thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second trying a different coffee or playing around with the measurements.  I liked (before I got KUed) a strong cup of coffee, but not a huge cup of coffee, so I think I did about 1.5 Tblsp in the 7 oz. size for my morning drive.  I always buy whatever's fair trade and on sale, so it's never super fancy coffee.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    Play with the amount AND the way it's ground. It takes some trial and error to get it to taste decent.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I use my own coffee. I do the medium size. Get a really bold roast and then pack as much as you can in the cup!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"