40 Weeks Pregnant

Check in

Week 40 check-in! Who's here?

Re: Check in

• Here LOL...40.3 and ready to be done already
  • I am here, too! 40 Weeks and 1 day. Ugh. I know this is supposed to be a happy time (don't get me wrong..it is!) But I am SO ready to be done. Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby is 40 weeks out, does that count?
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  Time has slowed down so each minute feels like forever.  Trying to stay distracted but REALLY eager to move into the next stage- mommyhood!  Also, the well intended texts, phone calls and emails I am receiving daily asking if anything is happening is starting to get exhausting.  Ready and impatiently waiting!
  • 40 weeks and 3 days. I feel great and the doc has given me no indication that my cervix wants to cooperate, we'll see what he has to say tomorrow I guess. I understand the feeling of all the messages, texts and calls checking for baby starting to get exhausting, hopefully we can satisfy them soon!

Made it to Mommyhood!
  • 40 weeks today and waiting!  I've been 3cm dilated and 70% effaced for 2 weeks but NO contractions whatsoever (not even Braxton-Hicks).  This kid is sending me mixed signals!
  • Made it!!!
  • 40 weeks and 4 days Sad Getting really anxious. I've been 80% effaced and 1cm dialated for two weeks now, but nothing more. So ready to meet my son!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • 40 weeks today. Was not even 1 cent dialated at my last check up an only 50% thinned. Have been having some speratic contractions the past couple of days so hopefully he's coming soon. 

• Today is my due date - had some pretty rough contractions overnight but they have now slowed down. We will see what the rest of the day brings.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 40w2d...  going for my first NST today.  Got all excited when I had spotting on due date, but went to the Dr's on DD and was only 1cm - talk about anticlimatic!
  • Hey Everyone! I was actually due yesterday and still no sign of my little girl..grrrr! But they only would schedule my induction for next wednesday morning. I wonder why they didn't give me the option to do it a little earlier like some people seem to be able to? Did you have any dilation at your past few visits? Everytime she checked me she said I wasn't dilated at all but my baby's head is soo far down that its in the way of her being able to really check out my cervix, and I guess its posterior as well? Ughh I'm just soo stressed at this point! I just wanna see her! :)
  • I'm 40 Weeks today!  I hope baby girl comes soon too.  I hope they don't have induce labor though.  I know I'm 1 cm dilated thus for but doctor check up is tomorrow so maybe they'll check again.  The real waiting begins!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi, I am 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant still, go to the Doctor tomm morning to see if anything is going on. I am ready though.
  • Hi everyone, I am 40 weeks pregnant today is my due date, but baby Zoey doesn't want to come out yet so worry :(
  • I'm 2 days off from being 40 weeks and I'm so ready to meet this little guy. A week ago I was only 70%effaced but not dilated at all. I've been having BH like crazy but that's all. And yes I'm so tired of the phone calls, text, emails and people just dropping by asking "r u still prego" UGH! My doc wants to induce in a week so there is hope in sight but I much rather my water just break.
  • I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow but the anticipation is killing me! Every night, I go to sleep thinking "could this be it?" But, unfortunately it never is and I wake up the next morning still very much pregnant. At my 39 week appt I was 1.5 cm dilated, midwife didn't give effacement in % but said that I was still a little firm. And no, it definitely does not help getting texts and phone calls from parents, in-laws, siblings, friends, etc. asking if I'm in labor yet!! 
  • I'm here! 40 weeks today and running off of 2.5 hours sleep. Thinking about getting a nap in before my clinic/bio appointments today. They haven't checked me yet to see if the baby is working on coming out, just telling me that she's dropping. Crossing fingers they will tell me more today!
  • Yea all of a sudden you do get a lot of phone calls and e mails about are you still there?  you did not have the baby yet?  Do they think we want to keep the baby in our bellys any longer?   Yes today is my due date and I still have nothing going on.  Hoping that tonite is the night but knowing my other 2 were late I kinda know it will not be tonite.  Oh well.  just hang in there thats all you can do.   I am getting anxious to hold this little one.  My other 2 are boys and the youngest one is 7 so it has been awhile since I was able to hold a newborn of my own.   Good luck and God Bless.   
  • I will be 40 weeks tomorrow. I had my Dr. Appointment today, and I left feeling so disappointed. My last 2 weeks the Dr. said  I was 2 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and head was in perfect position (at a 0). Today I was told that he moved back up to -3 position, I am 1 cm, and 50% effaced. They were going to do a membrane sweep, and ended up not being able to do it, because he said he couldn't reach up to where they needed to to do it because I wasn't dilated and effaced enough to reach it. Now i'm scheduled for a nonstress test and a US to check the amniotic fluid level next Tuesday. By the time I got home I had a major case of the blues. I blew up at my husband for no reason and burst out crying and couldn't stop myself for over an hour. Finally feeling better from earlier. But still I just can't help being so anxious and feeling like this will never end.
  • I am 40 weeks and 2 days, 1 cm and 50% effaced. I've had no progress whatsoever the past few weeks and it's not looking like it's going to happen anytime soon. Contractions are constant but don't progress to real labor and it's getting so tiring. I am so ready to meet our baby girl!!
  • I'm 40 weeks and 2 days and a solid 2 cm but no contractions at all... This waiting period is so hard and the 15 texts a day are starting to get annoying! Don't people know we'll call them when things are happening??
  • Helpful to see these comments due date was today doc appt tomorrow i can relate to everyone!
  • I'm 40 wks+1 day. I've been having contractions, but they are not consistent. My first pregnancy was induced at 41 wks+2 days, so I doubt this baby is coming any time soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 40+2 now. Looks like we had the same due date! Ftm here though so I have no idea what to expect. Been awake for awhile with decreasing intervals but this has happened before...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"