8 Weeks Pregnant

when are you announcing to public?

i really want to post our big news on facebook but am nervous to post so early. when do you think is a safe time to post the news on facebook? im 8weeks 1day
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: when are you announcing to public?

• I posted my big news on FB when I was about 5 weeks. Some people would call that too early, but I read in a pregnancy book that it's really up the the person when they think they want everyone to know. If something bad, God forbid, does happens, are you going to be up to telling everyone that news? I thought about it for awhile and realized if something happened, I would want the support of all of my friend. Just think it over and if you're still not sure wait until the 12 week mark when the chances of a miscarriage are greatly reduced. Good luck! :)
  • This is my first pregnancy so I am very cautious about almost everything.  We are waiting until after the 1st trimester.  Just had my first OB appointment and doctor agreed that it would be good after hearing the heartbeat.  We actually already heard the heartbeat last week at my last RE appointment, but I just want to be safe.  A girl I know posted her pregnancy on FB and she ended up miscarrying at around 11 wks.  I just don't know that I would be able to go through that. 

Its a personal decision, so there is no wrong answer, just whatever you are comfortable with.

Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hears and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ateachateach member
    I am going to wait until after my 12 week appointment when I know everything is okay. I have seen the baby (at 7w6d) and all looks good, but I've had 2 losses and can't deal with the questions from EVERYONE. I have told our family and closest friends.
    1 Baby Girl 12/28/12 
    #2 due 11/28/14
    2 Angel Babies 9/11, 2/12

• We are waiting until half way through.  With my body shape I don't think I will show before then and I have a history of miscarriages.  I have miscarried at 5 weeks, 9 weeks, and 13 weeks so I don't know if I will ever really feel safe about telling others.  People are always very supportive and loving and will be there for you if something happens but after this many I feel like there is a sense of pity.

It is a personal choice and whatever you decide will be the right thing for you!  It is after all YOUR news to tell.

Good luck to all of you and I hope everyone will share in your excitement! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• TohbeeOTohbeeO member

we are announcing our new arrival tomorrow at my daughter's one year birthday party,..and i'll be eight weeks. 

There is still a chance of something "could go wrong" but we've known for three weeks now, and i dont think we could wait any longer !

Im super excited about it, i got shirts made for my two older children..My son's read's "Big Brother" , than my daughter's  "big sister" and i have a onsie with little question marks in pink and blue and it reads "coming soon". Im due Jan 1 2013 :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wanted to wait until 12 or 13 weeks, but my birthday is going to be when I'm 11 weeks, 3 days, and my closest friends and my extended family are going to be there, so it's really the best time to do it. I'll tell my work the next Monday.
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• If you're scared I would wait a little more time. Continue to think it over. Yes "something" could happen but you could also get hit by a car. That's a drastic comparison but I was scared from 4weeks til 7 weeks because people around me were telling me horror stories. Our bodies are meant to do this. I would just announce when you're comfortable.
  • I'm 8 weeks and I want to tell the world NOW. We JUST had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in March, so my husband wants to wait. I'm excited we've made it this far, and I want to tell people, (because I wear my heart on my sleeve.) So, to compromise, we're waiting until after our 11th week appointment. DH wanted to wait longer, but I seriously will let it slip here pretty soon! L!
  • I haven't announced anything public. I just told the people I wanted to know and that's it. If anyone hears by word of mouth so be it, but I did ask, when I told people to NOT put it on websites like Facebook, because then just about anyone can 

• I'm the type of person who can't hold things like this in!! I was about 6 weeks when we told everyone. Of course our family was the first to know and then close friends. Then we put it on Facebook. I'm now 8 weeks and people are still just finding out

I think its all a personal decision. I know some people are superstitious and say if you tell too early, you can have a miscarriage. But I don't believe that. If something were to happen, then it just wasn't meant to be, not because I told people about my pregnancy when I was in the early stages.

Its all up to you and what you feel comfortable with!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageateach:
    I am going to wait until after my 12 week appointment when I know everything is okay. I have seen the baby (at 7w6d) and all looks good, but I've had 2 losses and can't deal with the questions from EVERYONE. I have told our family and closest friends.

We are waiting till 12 weeks as well because we miscarried twins at 6 weeks a long 

• imageateach:

We are waiting till 12 weeks as well because we miscarried twins at 6 weeks a long 

• We're not at all. My mom and best friend know, and the people my husband works with know. We don't talk to our families, but if they find out, they're going to be up our ass 24/7. Plus, they'll be trying to force their believes of how I should give birth and how to raise or child. So, to prevent drama, we're just not telling. (:
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've had 2 miscarriages so DH didn't really want anyone to know until after our first trimester....I really wanted to tell our parents and best friends because we have always depended on them for support and would def need it if something were to happen. We are planning on sending out pregnancy annoucements after our 12 weeks I don't have a FB page. I'm also 8 weeks

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Enjoy life, smile alot, and always be positive!
  • imageBride-hilda:
    I'm 8 weeks and I want to tell the world NOW. We JUST had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in March, so my husband wants to wait. I'm excited we've made it this far, and I want to tell people, (because I wear my heart on my sleeve.) So, to compromise, we're waiting until after our 11th week appointment. DH wanted to wait longer, but I seriously will let it slip here pretty soon! L!

I'm the same way....After we told our parents and our best friends~I so wanted to tell other's but when we miscarried it was so devasting that I just didn't want to have people asking me questions so we feel it's just better to wait. But I totally feel the same way about possibly letting it slip!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Enjoy life, smile alot, and always be positive!
  • I have known since i was 5 weeks and Im now 8 weeks and this weekend we are going to NY to tell our families and friends the good news! I cant wait, its been hard enough holding it in this long..I cant wait till we are 12 weeks, i am so excited to share our good news!! :)
  • My family and close friends know but alot of us work in the same place and alot of people at work know now.. cause someone cant keep their mouth shut.  Facebook will be at 11 weeks im almost 9 now
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary PCOS, Bi-Corninate Uterus, TTC 9 months, 1st MC- at 8 weeks 6 days, 9/23/12
  • My mom and sister know, so does my husband's brother, but we aren't telling anyone else for a while. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow...we had a miscarriage at 18 weeks earlier this year so we are waiting until Thanksgiving to tell the rest of our family, I will be about 16 weeks then. I don't think we will make any "big" announcement on Facebook at all, people will just find out as they find out, I guess. I am also not saying anything at work at all until people start to ask when I start to show (my mom is actually my manager, so I don't need to worry abpout that part of it). I just don't want to draw any attention at all. I don't want people being sticky sweet or walking on eggshells because of our loss earlier this year.
  • I heard you should not ruin someone elses day with new. But shirts are cute idea!
  • We told our parents a few days after we found out. And just told my two closest friends last night. I don't think we will be telling anyone else until after 12 weeks.. And no FB announcement for a long while!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                      DH and I in front of our first house - Aug 2013
  • We are waiting until 8 weeks to tell our families and then 12 weeks to tell friends and everyone else! This is our first so I am very very nervous about having a miscarriage. I am supposedly 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant... But I think I am a little farther along. Can't wait to break the news!
  • I know this is an older post but I thought I would share since maybe someone is wondering the same question.. I got pregnant in September and we were so excited that we told everyone around 9 weeks, our attitude was to not prepare for something to go wrong and to just believe that everything would work out.. We found out around 11 weeks that I had a missed miscarriage.. We were absolutely devastated.. I didn't want to face everyone and have to talk about it over and over.. I didn't even have the strength to..I stayed in my house for weeks, terrified I would run into someone and have to talk about something that was SO incredibly painful.. I realized I had made a huge mistake by saying something so soon.. I realize something can happen at any time during a pregnancy, but your odds are so much higher in the first trimester, which is why people have traditionally waited.. I was getting congratulations cards in the mail the day I was having the baby removed.. It was like salt in an open wound.. I'm now 8 weeks (again yay!) and we have kept it very quiet..  Every person has their own opinion and experience and this is just mine! 
  • Wow!! I'd go crazy with pressure like that!!! I know a few people who don't get that what works for them might not work for me!!!! It's annoying!!! Good luck and congrats!!!!!
  • I'm almost at 7 weeks and I had to tell people at work because its a physically stressful job and I needed to cut back on heavy lifting. We told my patents and close family and select friends because this is our first pregnancy and we just couldn't wait. But, we are waiting to announce on Facebook until after the first trimester.
  • I am going to wait until after my 12 weeks appointment, I think.  I am 8 weeks 3 days now, and it is really hard to wait.  But I'm gonna try. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo fallinginlove_zps8333e154.jpgimageimage
  • I definitely share your philosophy! We shared at 7 1/2 weeks after our first doctor appointment. We were so excited that we simply couldn't keep the news to ourselves! :) I say do whatever makes you comfortable.

Miscarriage concerns or not, we are just going to embrace the JOY of this new journey we're on + hope for a healthy pregnancy and baby! 

• I am also 8 weeks not sure on when to tell everyone as I have also suffered miscarriages in the past, fingers crossed everything is ok this time and will probably wait until I have seen my midwife Wednesday to make sure all is good :
  • I posted my first pregnancy at 7 weeks all over fb and then misscarried a week later. i am now 8 weeks along and have my first baby appt mon. a little nervous because i have a few more symptoms than last time however i dont have morning sickness. i do get sleepy at 3pm my boobs feel bruised and that is off and on and i feel bloated besides that i feel like i am normal. i am hoping that i can hear the babys heartbeat and that will make me feel better
  • I am also 8 weeks and miscarried at 5 weeks in February.  We were going to wait to 12 weeks to tell anybody, but broke down today and announced the news.  I was going crazy not telling anyone.
  • 8 weeks and we told last week parents and siblings. I wanted to wait for the 12-weeks ultrasound before telling people at work, but working in a chemistry lab is presenting some very serious safety issues that now I feel I should address with my boss and labmates NOW!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"