August 2011 Moms
Options

Rec your infant car seat!

With DS I had the Graco Snugride 30. I HATED IT! It was bulky and heavy and very cumbersome. For LO#2 we are planning on trading in DS's infant carseat at BRU during the trade in event for a new one.

All suggestions are welcome! Please let me know what you do/don't like about your seat. 

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rec your infant car seat!

• Options
    we have the myride 65. it has excellent safety reviews and i feel confident when lincoln is in it. im not sure how bulky and cumbersome it is, per se, but i have a compact car (toyota corolla) so basically ANY carseat is a real PITA!!! :( my parents have an older toyota camry and they got the safety 1st convertible that sam's and costco both sell. i feel it is a safe seat, but because it has so many formations, lincoln has to sit STRAIGHT UP with literally zero recline which stinks when he is tired. otherwise it was a great price!
    imageimage
  • Options
    We had a Chicco KeyFit30 for DS.  I loved it and will be reusing it with this baby.  I didn't think it was too heavy, but DS has always been in the lower percentiles for weight so that may make a difference.  The only reason we stopped using it at 7 months was because he was 28" and I knew he would be outgrowing the height soon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

image+Jasha+:
    We had a Chicco KeyFit30 for DS.  I loved it and will be reusing it with this baby.  I didn't think it was too heavy, but DS has always been in the lower percentiles for weight so that may make a difference.  The only reason we stopped using it at 7 months was because he was 28" and I knew he would be outgrowing the height soon. 

We have the Keyfit.  I'm glad we didn't shell out extra for the 30 though, because she will need to move up to the convertible carseat SOON because of length...she's nowhere close for weight though! 

Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • Options

I  miss my Chicco Keyfit 30.  It was so easy to use.  We moved DS up on height on it.  I'm glad we got the higher weight one as he was over the weight of the smaller buckets before he hit the height for the 30. 

We moved him to the Graco MyRide 65.  I hate it.  It's darn near impossible to adjust when it's RF, which it will be for quite a while.  Since he's a rapid grower, I have to loosen the straps fairly often, even though I don't change them unless they're not fitting right.  The cover also refuses to stay on the top, so I have to put it back on every.effing.time I buckle him in.  The main buckle (crotch buckle) is very difficult to buckle (this is a more recent change as they moved to cheaper buckles about a year ago) and you need massive hand strength to buckle it.  Thankfully, DH and I both have that.  It's easier to unbuckle than it is to buckle, so I doubt it's "safer." It's also huge.  DS seems comfy in it, but he won't sleep in it worth a flip.  He slept in the bucket like a champ. 

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"