January 2013 Moms
Options

Another A/S Post: told wrong sex

I couldn't wait until my A/S, so we had an elective US done at just over 17weeks. They rushed us in and out and in under 15 mins told us boy! 

Well, today was our A/s and the tech said with out a doubt in her mind, we're actually team PINK!  I could see the 3 lines and she checked and rechecked a few times to be sure. I'm in shock :) I would've put my life savings on betting it was a boy! Craziness!

Tech said baby looked healthy, but I'll have to wait for my MW to take a look. Sorry to be an AW and creating my own post. I am just so blown away :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller

Re: Another A/S Post: told wrong sex

• Options

This is why they say not to do it til 20 weeks. You really can't see anything and quite possibly the tech may miss a health issue. I'm glad you had another scan today!

Congrats on the boy :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow!! Even though I know it's very possible, I am so scared of this happening. I had an elective u/s at just under 18 weeks, and was told it was a boy. My A/S isn't until mid-September 
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does the elective u/s place have a refund policy for errors??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! Well, congrats!
  • Options
    Will the other place refund your money? Our places offer a money back guarantee. Lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Oh wow, I don't know how I would take the news, but you seem to be taking it well! As soon as I found out the gender, I started calling the baby by his name, and I feel like I'm bonding so much more with the baby. To get a surprise like that a few weeks later, I think I might feel crushed a bit, even though I would have been just as thrilled with the news of a girl at the first scan.

Well congratulations on a healthy little girl!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    EagsEags member
    Congrats! As far as early u/s, I would still have an one (we did one at 14w3d). I/MH/the tech could clearly see penis and forming of sacs for testicles - definitely not swollen girly parts. (We had 2 more after that, still all boy)
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options

Hi! i clicked the wrong Jan. board but saw this and had to post! i was told by my doctor 2x that i was for sure having a girl, pointed out the vagina and everything.  well come delivery time and OOOPS its a boy.  keep asking your doctors to check and check and check the sex cause i have soo much girl stuff that i cant use!! good luck ladies!

• Options

imageFurtureMrsCurtis:
    Will the other place refund your money? Our places offer a money back guarantee. Lol

This.  Also, hope you didn't cut the tags off anything you may have bought :) 

4.23.12 - BFP! EDD 1.3.12

imageimage

• Options
    Oh my goodness! I bet you are so over the moon to be having one of each! Quite the shocker though haha what did DH say?? You must both be shocked!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Do you have ultrasound pictures of both?  We were told at 17 weeks its a boy and I often wonder the same thing.....  If you do have pics can you post them?
  • Options
    Wow!  Well congrats on team pink!
    ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Options

Wow! I had my a/s around 17 weeks and I have an ultrasound in four weeks, I'll be piss if I'm told differently. We already have a name for this LO. Congrats on team pink!!! 

• Options
    imageMyLilPeanut11:

Hi! i clicked the wrong Jan. board but saw this and had to post! i was told by my doctor 2x that i was for sure having a girl, pointed out the vagina and everything.  well come delivery time and OOOPS its a boy.  keep asking your doctors to check and check and check the sex cause i have soo much girl stuff that i cant use!! good luck ladies!

This happened recently to my mom's co-worker... I guess it just goes to show nothing's certain til LO comes out! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    They told me girl at 15 weeks and it was very obvious. They confirmed at 20 weeks it is still a girl.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Thank you for all the congrats!! The place where we got the elective done does not give refunds unfortunately. But it only cost us $40 so I guess I got what I paid for! 

2girls- I can't find the pics from my 17w apt and they didn't print out any anatomy pics from my A/S :( I must've sensed something was wrong though bc I busted out my 17w pics a few times to double check the "penis" shot.  

Luckily we didn't buy many new items for the new baby since we already had boy stuff. I did get a "little brother" outfit, but my Sil is having her 2nd boy next week so I can gift it to her little man :)

I'm still processing it. I woke up at 4am in a sweat bc it hit me that I won't be having 2 boys like I've been daydreaming about... I'm ecstatic about a girl, it's just going to take me a few days for it to sink in!  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    Congrats on your little girl.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"