October 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC!

2»

Re: FFFC!

• Options
    I was laughing so hard the other day that I full on peed my pants. My bladder control is so weak right now that I couldn't make it to the bathroom fast enough! I am just happy it happened while I was at home.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My FFFC: I am irrationally afraid that I'm not going to know when I go into labor.  I've had BH contractions, I've had back pain, I've had pelvic pain and I've felt enormous amounts of pressure, all in the last couple of weeks.  So I'm afraid I won't recognize it when it does happen.  And that I'll end up delivering on our bathroom floor or in the car on the way to the hospital.  This fear is so strong that I ugly-cry about it every time I feel any kind of pain now.  And I know it's stupid, but I can't make it go away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't want my MIL anywhere near me or baby once he is born. She has already been showing signs that she thinks she is going to have a hand in raising this child and I don't even want to give her the opportunity to tell me how her way is the right way. She has no filter and blames this lack of a filter on the fact that she is Belgium (She is 2nd generation Canadian). In my opinion that is a ridiculous excuse!

Example of her lack of filter: I was wearing a red and grey horizontal striped shirt which I love. She told me that horizontal stripes don't make a person look thinner. Then she proceeded to tell me that the shirt would be better if the horizontal stripes went across my chest and vertical stripes ran down my belly (I have yet to change a cup size since I got pregnant). Keep in mind, prior to pregnancy, I was 103 lbs and 5ft 5 inches tall. I'm not a big person to begin with. Who says this kind of stuff? Grr...

So, I'm trying to find a straightforward way to tell her to back the eff off. We'll see how this goes... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageDana327:
    I judge people in their 40s having their first kid/thinking of having one in a year or two(mainly my uncles want to have one he is 47 and his wife is 42/43). I know for a fact that they have no life insurance, savings, and he definatly doesn't have good health and a lot of disease in family that can be inherited, not to mention his liking towards alcohol. I just think about the children and what will happen to them if the parents died young in theird 60s, early 70s. How old is too old in everyones opinion (I know everyone is differen)? My dads friend is 51 and has a one year old daughter and everyone always thinks its his grandaughter. 

I think that if 2 people are in a stable relationship, love each other and are committed to raising a child, then it doesn't matter how old or for that matter how young they are when they choose to become parents.  It's none of my business.

Having a baby at a young age doesn't guarantee you'll be around for them.  My mom's mom had my mom in her 20's.  She died 8 years later (MS in her early 30's) leaving my mom an orphan at age 8.  My mom's father also died in his 30's (car accident).

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLauraT25:

A post on the BF board made me think of another:  I am all for breastfeeding, but I am absolutely not comfortable with the idea of nursing in front of my in-laws. I don't care if that sets 'the movement' back, I don't even want to do it with a cover on.

I feel the same way.  It just creeps my out.  Maybe I'll feel differently after I've been doing it awhile, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • Options

I don't understand why people keep asking if I'm going back to work or not.  It's a part of the usual lineup of questions. "Oh you're pregnant, are you excited? When are you due? Is it a boy or a girl? Are you planning on working after?"

First of all, WTF does that have to do with anything?  Second, this is 2012 not 1950, most women do go back to work after they have a baby since, you know, the whole cost of living thing has gone up significantly since 1950...

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageiadanza:

I don't understand why people keep asking if I'm going back to work or not.  It's a part of the usual lineup of questions. "Oh you're pregnant, are you excited? When are you due? Is it a boy or a girl? Are you planning on working after?"

First of all, WTF does that have to do with anything?  Second, this is 2012 not 1950, most women do go back to work after they have a baby since, you know, the whole cost of living thing has gone up significantly since 1950...

Along these same lines... people keep asking me when my maternity leave starts.  I keep saying, "The day I have the baby."  And they seem surprised that I don't have an exact start date.  I've had absolutely no concerns from my DR regarding working until I have the baby, so I am planning on working until then.

Do that many people really take off on a specific date? 

FTR, I am the first-ever pregnant employee of this particular organization, so there's no standard set by previous employees.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got a pedicure today for the first time since before our wedding ... that's 3 years. My feet never look cute, but I cringe thinking about pedis just because I am THAT woman who is a giggling and kicking fool because I'm that ticklish.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    imagedotmbc:
    imageLauraT25:

A post on the BF board made me think of another:  I am all for breastfeeding, but I am absolutely not comfortable with the idea of nursing in front of my in-laws. I don't care if that sets 'the movement' back, I don't even want to do it with a cover on.

Plus I kind of like the idea of having an excuse to get away from them.  Between nursing and sleeping when she's sleeping, I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time alone in our bedroom while they visit.  At first that thought made me feel like a bad host, but I really don't give a crap since they are insisting on coming sooner than I'd prefer.  And yeah, I will probably resent being back there and not able to just roam around my house like I would if they weren't visiting, but I almost hope it kind of puts them in their place and they realize I was right.

Totally agree.  I plan on BF-ing in LO's room with the door closed while they are here. 

I was way more comfortable BFing in front of our friends, even DH's friends than I was my IL's. This time I plan on not caring who is around. We'll see how that works out.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLauraT25:
    Even though it's hard to imagine, I do believe I will become more comfortable nursing in public after a while, or in front of certain friends.  But I can pretty much guarantee I will never be ok with doing it in front of my family or my H's.  It's a combo of their personalities and our dynamics, but I really really don't see it happening.  Regardless of what others feel about the subject, if I know it will make them uncomfortable (and it will), I don't do it no matter how comfortable I become with NIP.

Same here Laura, it's just the my family is. I am pretty private anyways so nursing anywhere but home will be a big adjustment for me. 

• Options
    imageLauraT25:
    imageChrisG83:

Same here Laura, it's just the my family is. I am pretty private anyways so nursing anywhere but home will be a big adjustment for me. 

Oh definitely.  I wouldn't be surprised if I never get comfortable NIP, but a lot of people have said they were the same way and got over that so I am willing to believe it's possible!

Yeah my husband doesn't understand why I think it's a big deal, he always says "who cares it's just your boobs" (I married an ass man so he really doesn't care about boobs which is good for me and barely b cups) I remind him that lifting my shirt up all the time is not the norm yet so give me time. 

• Options
    imageprojectbaby2012:

imageDana327:
    I judge people in their 40s having their first kid/thinking of having one in a year or two(mainly my uncles want to have one he is 47 and his wife is 42/43). I know for a fact that they have no life insurance, savings, and he definatly doesn't have good health and a lot of disease in family that can be inherited, not to mention his liking towards alcohol. I just think about the children and what will happen to them if the parents died young in theird 60s, early 70s. How old is too old in everyones opinion (I know everyone is differen)? My dads friend is 51 and has a one year old daughter and everyone always thinks its his grandaughter. 

I think that if 2 people are in a stable relationship, love each other and are committed to raising a child, then it doesn't matter how old or for that matter how young they are when they choose to become parents.  It's none of my business.

Having a baby at a young age doesn't guarantee you'll be around for them.  My mom's mom had my mom in her 20's.  She died 8 years later (MS in her early 30's) leaving my mom an orphan at age 8.  My mom's father also died in his 30's (car accident).

I know that people can die at a young age (My MIL lost her father when he was only 35). As I said this mostly has to do with my uncles decision because even though I think they will make good parents I cannot help but think what will happened to their children if God forbid something happenes to them espeically since they don't have a plan for it (savings, insurance, etc.). 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLauraT25:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imageIAM3Bs:

I still love Creed and am super-stoked they reunited.

Apparently that is a mortal sin to some bumpies Big Smile

ooh that IS bad!

eye-to-eye, 19.

yup... gah! btw laura T how do you catch so many giant fish? or is this the same one, different angle? it's been on my mind for a couple days now...

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCantw82bamom:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68365116.aspx

well heres mine.. I read this story, and Im not happy for her one bit... In fact I want to punch her in the face... The End... Embarrassed

THIS! I've heard some other similar stories, and I think they are lying! No body has that easy of labor, it just can't be possible. 

I girl in my book club has a somewhat similar story that I've heard 100 times since I found out I'm pregnant, and I just want to punch her every time she says it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"