February 2013 Moms
Options

Who has/hasn't announced on FB yet...

For some reason I'm terrified to announce on FB.  Everyone that we're close to already knows, work knows, distant family knows, etc.  But yet, I keep delaying it...  This is so not like me.  I usually have the biggest mouth on the block!  =)

Anyone else experience an irrational fear of announcing on FB? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who has/hasn't announced on FB yet...

• Options
    I am not planning on announcing on FB at all.  I think I will wait until after the baby is born.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have yet to announce it, but we are more private than most people. We may not even post anything on FB, because the people we want and care to know we have already told. We rarely post much on FB. Once we have the baby we will post pics though. So far we have just told our extended family and close friends, will tell more people if our appt. goes well tomorrow :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't posted yet, idk if I will.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm haven't yet.  Waiting till we know the sex....10 more days!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We waited until our gender scan (16 weeks) but even then, I was nervous. A couple days ago I was wishing we had waited...don't know why it makes me so nervous.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options

I will never announce on FB and this is why.

I announced our last pregnancy on FB at 13 weeks thinking we were in the clear.  Then we lost our baby girl two weeks later. For months I had random people (not close family and friends) asking about my pregnancy and then about the baby. 

It was hideous.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Options
    We haven't announced yet on Facebook either.  I haven't felt the need to, all of our family and friends already know.  We probably will announce after our gender scan.
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

• Options

imageRenee1105:
    I haven't posted yet, idk if I will.

This

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    'm just not doing it at all. I have mentioned things in posts that led people to that conclusion but I did not do an official announcement. Just not my thing I guess.
    Jen
    Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
    BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just not doing it at all. I have mentioned things in posts that led people to that conclusion but I did not do an official announcement. Just not my thing I guess. I don't feel the need  to announce it to random people I went to high school with, etc. Everyone that matters knows already. I will post pictures of the baby when she is born.
    Jen
    Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
    BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't yet, and I don't know when I will. This pregnancy is high risk, and I would just hate to have to take something down and have random people ask me things.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We aren't doing an official FB announcement. Eventually, I might throw a bump picture on there. We are also not planning on putting baby photos on FB. I'm really uncomfortable with having photos of my child online. I'm happy to send photos to those who want to see the kid, but I don't want it online. 
  • Options
    We haven't put anything on FB, but we haven't told our families yet either. We'll be flying up north to tell them next weekend and then I guess we'll decide when/how we'll announce from there. 
  • Options
    We haven't, but we also prefer to tell people in person or over the phone....The world will know when they see me. 
    TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't necessarily have a "fear" of it but it really doesn't interest me in doing so. I mean I will eventually write it on fb but I'm in no rush. I'm not really into people knowing every detail of my life, even if it is a good thing lol. Last time I was the same way but I announced it around 16 weeks.
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We announced today after finding out we are having a girl. Posted some pictures from the ultrasounds we've had and of my bump. When baby is born I will not be putting pictures all over Facebook and want to keep my baby off of the internet. It will be just family and close friends getting pictures via text or maybe email. It's nice that Facebook has the "Add Life Event" feature and the added the ability to put Expecting on there. You can put your due date, the sex if you know it already and include a picture if you want. 

Cheers to everyone! 

• Options
    I haven't and I'm undecided about whether I will. We told all the important people. Everyone else on FB is a random high school or college classmate. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

my read shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I think that's a totally individual and personal choice :) No real right or wrong to how/if/when you do it. Some people use FB to update really close family and friends all at once instead of making a bunch of calls (especially if everyone lives out of state), some people are really casual FB users who rarely log in, some post updates about EVERY FUGGING THING, some like to get into debates/convos and not really spread personal info, etc etc... 

Only do it if it works for *you* - I don't think anyone should feel pressured to or not to reveal on FB :)  

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    I havent either and as the OP said pretty much all my coworkers know and of course my family knows but I am still not ready for the FB announcement yet.
  • Options
    No irrational fear but we are waiting for DS's birthday to let him announce it on Facebook. I'm so excited as to what people will say!
  • Options
    I haven't announced yet, I'll probably wait for a few more weeks.  We just barely told the last of our family tonight, so I'm really not in any type of rush. Most of my FB friends I still know in real life, so I don't have a problem posting on there, they will likely see me soon enough and know anyway . . .
  • Options
    We haven't announced and I'm not sure we will. I am nervous putting it all out there in a way, but it's also not really my style to make such a huge announcement like that. After we have the baby I will say something:)
    *Formerly peainthepod?* TTC since 1/1/2006. All cycles BFN! IUI's & IVF with no luck. Emergency surgery 11/07 due to hemmoraging cyst on left ovary. 3rd HSG showed complete blockage of right tube (the good side), endo/cysts/adhesion removal 11/11. New start for 2012! Surprise BFP 6/17/12, due 2/12/13. It's a boy!!! Baby Boy born on January 26, 2013. 
  • Options
    We won't announce of FB, we didn't with DD and won't with this one. It's too personal for use to post all over the web. The people who need to know have or will soon be told. We will post that the LO has arrived though as it's easier than calling all over the world to announce the birth.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options

imagejenlb03:
    'm just not doing it at all. I have mentioned things in posts that led people to that conclusion but I did not do an official announcement. Just not my thing I guess.

I've done this as well. Although my lovely husband decided to announce on his fb without mentioning it to me. I don't care so much, but one of our fb friends happened to be a patient at my ER that night and told me about it, and said congrats. We have many of the same friends because we went to high school together. I don't feel the need to announce on my fb though.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't, and I'm not sure when we will if at all. I just don't feel the need for everyone to know what's going on in my life. I'm not a huge facebook poster either though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I won't be posting it on facebook, I will put up some bump pictures towards the end of my pregnancy though. I also am one that keeps DD and this LO FB as well I have a private blog for family and friends to follow but that is it. I did put picture of DD on at first just a few and then had extended family my mom's cousin and people like this copying her pictures and reposting them en on their walls, which I was unhappy about since I had only let 113 of my 230ish contacts view the photos anyway. After having to call everyone and tell them to take the pictures down I decided to go the private blog route.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't yet, but I will be today as long as everything goes well at our appointment!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

We won?t announce till after the babe is born. I have only told 2 members of my family - my "surrogate mother" and my sister.

Those friends who know are those who I will see in person.

I?m in no rush. We didn?t announce DS until after his birth either.

We have family all over the world so do use FB to post pics of DS and keep them updated on his adventures so have nothing against FB per se.

• Options
    I just did yesterday---it was our 4th wedding anniversary so I thought it was good timing :)
  • Options
    Waiting for the gender scan also-3 more weeks.
    imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have not and won't.  The people I keep up with in real life know so I don't think it is necessary.  I am also way overly sensitive now to not wanting to hurt anyone else with such an announcement as they were very difficult for me to see last year and you know never know what others are going through.  Another part of me also wants to keep my kids' lives private since they can't choose to be on the interwebs or not (I am thinking more about as they grow....I have friends who document their whole lives for the whole world to see and I feel a little strange about that personally).  I may just be weird :)

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    We haven't announced on Facebook yet. I was thinking of waiting until our 5-year anniversary (September 21), but we'll see. We still have family and some close friends to see and tell, so if we havent' seen them by then, we'll wait. No big rush!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We won't annouce on FB.  Our closest friends lost their LO at 41 weeks to a cord accident and it was heartbreaking.  It was a freak accident but it was so sad to see her take down her pictures and status updates. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I dont want to say anything on FB.  I like to keep to myself.  I dont want everyone in my business.  Around here you would think your still in high school the way people like to get all up in your business
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Options
  • Options

I won't "announce" the pregnancy, but yesterday, I posted that DD and I had doctors appointments, and that DD, baby and I were all doing fine.  I wasn't going to say anything, but I was sick of feeling like i had to avoid mentioning the pregnancy on facebook.  It is a big part of my life right now.

And with my last pregnancy, I announced it at 13 weeks, by posting an u/s picture.  I lost the baby at 14.  My mom posted a nice poem for me, so I didn't have to unsay it.  I just took down the u/s pics once the wound wasn't so fresh.  

• Options
    The important people already know but I still haven't announced on FB. I really dont know when I will do it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I haven't yet because of my late loss. I may post at 24 weeks because I'm sure I'll get tagged in pics from a few weddings we will attend and my shower pics. 

I have to say, after my loss, I posted about it and was overwhelmed with the support we received. We also had many friends who opened up to us in private messages about their losses.

I'm looking forward to posting because I know people will be happy to see that we are getting our second chance.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm waiting to hear if it's a boy or girl first
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We announced after our NT scan and it was really fun!  The support we've received from old college/high school friends, and obviously our close friends/family, has been amazing.  It was the best way to tell everyone we know all at once. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"