Two Under 2

Anyone use Progesterone?

Hello ladies.. just wondering if any of you used Progesterone for both pregnancies?

With DS I got a + at 11dpo but started spotting later that day.. testing revealed very low progesterone at a 9. I was put on suppositories immediately (so before AF was even due) and my levels went up and everything was fine after that.

DH & I have been TTC #2 since June/July and its just occurring to me now that maybe I should be on Progesterone in the 2WW.  I am going to call either my old RE or my OB but was wondering if perhaps anyone else was in the same situation? Any side effects with being on P every 2WW?

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage

Re: Anyone use Progesterone?

• I have always been on progesterone with pregnancy.  I never start it until after I get a positive pregnancy test.  Last time I didn't start progesterone until 10 weeks.  The next time I get pregnant I plan to go in right away and start on progesterone.  I have heard of some people going on progesterone during their luteul phase.  The only side effect I can see is a delayed period since the drop in progesterone is what signals your period to come.  GL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much for responding. I called my RE's office and because it's been so long since we saw them they are having us in next month to discuss... though the nurse didn't think I'd go on it PRIOR to a bfp.. I am glad they are taking the time to discuss it with me though!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I had 2 m/c's before I got pregnant with DS so my dr put me on progesterone suppositories as soon as I got a +HPT. I used them until around 14weeks. I did the same when I got pregnant with my daughter.

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With our first, we were seeing an RE, so I was on progesterone suppositories in the 2WW and throughout the first 12 weeks. 

With this LO, we weren't seeing an RE and were trying on our own, so I did not start progesterone until I called my OB about the BFP, which was about 12dpo.  Before prescribing the progesterone, the OB wanted me to come in for a blood draw to see if I really needed it, but since I was away on vacation at the time, he prescribed it anyway to be safe.  The OB put me on oral progesterone, and I stopped taking it around 10 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • For my daughter, I was put on progesterone at 16 weeks.  That was because I had my son at 36 weeks.  I ended up having my daughter at 34 weeks, but my guess is that if we decide to have a third they will put me on it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"