Working Moms
Options

What did you let your DC know in advance about your LO?

My LO starts daycare next week (so nervous!), and the director has asked me to write up a brief info sheet explaining any of LO's likes/dislikes, his approximate nap and eating schedule, etc. They keep this sheet at the front of the room for the caretakers.

Other than the the schedule, what would you let your DC know about your LO? I'm trying to cover all bases while not giving too little or too much info. 

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What did you let your DC know in advance about your LO?

• Options
    During the infant yrs, we always filled out a monthly info sheet with a mock schedule of eating (how many oz) and nap times.  In addition, it would ask questions: Does your LO use a paci, Can LO hold their own bottle, Does LO use a sippy cup, Is your LO on table foods, etc...There was always an area for special instructions which I used to remind of any medications or please sit LO up after meal time b/c of reflux.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We had a sheet that asked us questions...nap times, eating time/amounts, is the bottle heated, likes and dislikes, how do you calm your baby, how do you put your baby to sleep, take a pacifier?, allergies. Good luck!  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had an info package that asked all kinds of questions...favorite foods, schedules, eating, drinking, playing, likes, dislikes, words they say.  It had like 3 pages of questions.  I would never be able to just come up with that stuff on my own. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    you need to write down the feeding and nap schedule and amounts (obviously neither are written in stone) and any "special" habits of your LO that you would tell anyone caring for your LO - i.e. likes pacifier before their bottle, if he/she prefers to be held one particular way or hates to be held a particular way; if there is a particular toy that seems to always soothe him/her, etc.  You don't need to tell them about baby care, just things that are unique to your LO.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

You probably can't go wrong with too much info.  They appreciate knowing what your baby likes/doesn't like, what helps soothe them when they cry, when/if they like a paci or lovey, or if there's a quirky way they need to be burped - they want a happy baby as much as you do!  Like PP said, none of this is set in stone, and you can update along the way (although by then, they will likely know the new tricks/schedule as well). 

• Options
    They had form when we started in the infant room with basic questions. What kind of routine did we have at home, how much was he eating at feedings, what things did he like, not like.
  • Options

Oh, I wish I had my document with me.

I put that he needed to be swaddled to sleep, used a paci, didn't like his bottles warm (this was a big one, most babies like warm bottles, he did NOT and would refuse them), was rocked to sleep (well, in the beginning), was exclusively on bottles of BM, no formula or solids until I ok'd it.  I also put a note that said to please call at anytime with any questions, because my work schedule allows that kind of contact if needed.

• Options

My DD hated tummy time but was getting a slightly flat head. I let daycare know that DD needed to do tummy time whether she liked it or not and asked them to limit time in swings/vibrating chairs.

• Options
    Thanks for all your responses! I wish my DC would have given me some kind of template or form to follow. Maybe I overlooked it in all the paperwork. Regardless, you've helped me so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"