Philadelphia Babies
Options

**Stacyc625**

Hi there.  I saw in a post below that you went to Dr. Hirschman.  Well, I have my first appointment with him tomorrow and I am kind of nervous.  I just don't know what to expect. Do you remember what he did at your first appointment?

Thanks so much!!

Re: **Stacyc625**

• Options

Hi there- so glad you paged me.

you will REALLY like him. he is VERY comforting- easy going- and a great listener. he encourages you to ask questions and he answers them with really easy and laid back answers.

first appointment he sits and talks with you first (i believe) and then does an exam (good time to do a pap smear/breast exam if you haven't had one recently)- i think you do a urine sample too. They do some blood work off site i think. and they usually send  you for an ultrasound to confirm how far along you are- they don't do ultrasounds in office.

his partner- Dr. Castelli- is a little different- that have two TOTALLY different personalities. I am very laid back when it comes to things and Dr. Castelli was my GYN from before- ya have to take him with a grain of salt.

Don't be nervous. Dr. Hirshman is great. if you feel comfortable with him- just try to schedule your appointments with him but see Dr Castelli at least once or twice- cause he might be there to deliver baby. (even though neither one delieved me...)-

feel free to ask me anything.

btw- their nurses are wonderful too. Sandy is Dr. Castelli's nurse and sharon is dr. hirshmans. if you EVER have questions- call their office and speak to them- they are GREAT!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks Stacy! I had my appointment yesterday and felt so comfortable with Dr. Hirshman.  I have scheduled my ultrasound for next week and I have to go to Qwest for bloodwork.  Yay!  Thanks again!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ohhh i am so glad you liked him. he is a really GREAT doctor. I really wish he delievered Gisele. I definitely plan on going back to them when we get pregnant again.

happy and healthy nine months!

Are you going to be delivering in Bryn Mawr?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"