LGBT Parenting
Options

TTT

What is on everyone's mind??
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: TTT

• Options

1) I met a friend for breakfast and ate way too much. Now I am ready to go back to bed.

2) Melt.ing Pot dinner rescheduled for tomorrow night.

3) I am slowly replacing all of my nail polish with new. I realized I had a million shades of red/pink and that seems a bit excessive. I am down to 5.

4) Debtaing on getting Ky a bag to carry her things back and forth between houses. I think it would be nice to have something BUT I am not sure what kind/size.

5) I want to go to the pool one more time before it closes. Maybe Saturday since Ky's tumbling place is closed for break.

6) I am getting family pictures done soon. I need to replace the one my mom has hanging up in the hall....it makes me sad.

7) My last therapist appointment is tomorrow. I would like to continue going for a bit BUT he is not in my network and out of network cost is ridiculous. I really do not feel like "starting over" with a new person. *sigh*

8) My ex sent me a text to call her asap. I call and the conversation was: the sitter will need wipes next week, the sitter did not need the carseat today, and Ky may be getting a cold. Do we need to define what constitutes asap???

9) I had hot tea for breakfast and it makes me think of fall/winter. I need to obtain some more loose leaf tea soon.

10) Still no reports so I shall sit here and do nothing for a bit longer.

• Options

1.  Crickets.

2. I'm the phone with a pharmacy and I feel like each time I say the name of the  med I need that my coworker is probably listening and googling it.

3.  My other coworker just texted me from down the hall because he didn't think anyone was here.  Odd.

4.  Last Saturday was the first day in JB's life where I didn't see her at all.  I left before she woke up and didn't return until Sunday.  

5. I feel asleep by 10p last night.  I haven't done that in years.

6.  Because of #5 I didn't really interact with K at all yesterday.

7. I might go steal left over macaroni salad from the staff lounge.  Yes, for breakfast.

8.  #7 was written 30mins ago.  Since then I stole the macaroni salad.

9.  I feel like napping.

10.  Decaf tea with lemon - yum.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I'm in the RE's office waiting for my ultrasound.
    2. I wonder if it will be transvaginal.
    3. Im a little nervous.
    4. My acupuncturist isn't working around my ovulation time.
    5. I might see if I can find someone else to do a session l.
    6. There is an old man sitting next to me sleeping. So cute.
    7. Beautiful sun shining in the window behind me.
    8. I hope that I get out of here in time to finish up the slide deck for my preso today.
    9. I'm such a procrastinator.
    10. And breathe...
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    JGYJGY member

1. Work is overwhelming right now.

2. I have to interview someone in an hour for a position that is really complicated and high stress, and will take a candidate with experience and maturity.  The guy I'm interviewing is someone's kid (that's the way it works around here) that my boss said is "Really bright."  Ugh, I've been down this road too many times.

3. I have my First Tri Screening and NT U/S on Thursday.  I'm excited and scared.

4. Our home remodel is dragging on and on.  But there's progress every day, so that's happy news.

5. I had to go to the Dentist this morning.  Yuck.  My next 6-mo. check-up will be when I'm 38 weeks pregnant.  Double yuck.

6. Our puppy is doing much better.  He's still a pain a lot of the time, but at least he's cute. 

7. I really want to go to the State Fair but I'm just not seeing how it's going to work this year.

8. I can't believe the kids in our neighborhood are already back to school.

9. The minute I sat down at work this morning I felt like I'd never left from last night.  I think I need a break.

10. I woke up starving in the middle of the night last night and ended up sitting on the living room couch pounding a Clif Bar.  I thought I was through that stage, guess not.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    JGYJGY member

imageclairmeij:
    1. I'm in the RE's office waiting for my ultrasound. ...

Hope it's great!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    imageJGY:

imageclairmeij:

Hope it's great!

Thanks! Two follicles. One 20 x 27 ?? I'm not sure about that one because it looked circular. And one 20 x 11 weird rugby ball shaped! He have me ovidrel to inject tonight. I've never self injected before so quite nervous about that! Any tips welcome!
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    imageclairmeij:
    imageJGY:

imageclairmeij:

Hope it's great!

Thanks! Two follicles. One 20 x 27 ?? I'm not sure about that one because it looked circular. And one 20 x 11 weird rugby ball shaped! He have me ovidrel to inject tonight. I've never self injected before so quite nervous about that! Any tips welcome!

It's easy and painless.  Just numb your belly with an ice-cube before hand if you're worried.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. The next TPR hearing is scheduled for December 6th, 4 days before my birthday.

2. Owl has been really moody this week, I think all of the bonding therapy is working.

3. The girls lawyer came for a visit yesterday, was here for 5 minutes and exclaimed that she had seen what she needed to see and could leave. Owl is making major progress and everyone can see it.

4. I bought a new mixer and speakers for J this weekend as an early birthday present, she was SO happy.

5. I still want a cello but haven't been saving for one.

6. I'm loving the cooler 89 weather we've been having.

7. Owl starts OT on Friday.

8. I am tired this morning, why isn't the coffee working!

9. Sesame Ezekiel bread is amazing.

10. I hope J is up for a family walk tonight.
  • Options

1. I'm not in the mood to leave, but I have to be at a clients' house in 37 minutes.

2. Once I leave it will be fine, and it's only 3 hours (of work that I need right now).

3. Afterward, I'm picking up C and we're doing lunch before my surgery consult.

4. I hope my consult goes well and I'm either told I don't need to do anything, or we can make a plan. I don't like this limbo.

5. I've been making fruit crisps like crazy. They're so yummy!

6. I need to sleep more, especially when I'm on-call, for a baby due today.

7. Two sets of my family are moving. My mom and sis this week (same city) and my nana next month, 7 hours away.

8. I don't like the 7 hours part.

9. I'm already looking at when we can try go visit. 

10. I need to eat and head out.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1.  I thought the worst of my m/s was over but I will confirm after the last three days it is back with a vengeance.  No amount of zofran is working. Where is my second tri fun???

2.  Less than 2 weeks until our 16wk ultrasound.  Fingers crossed the u/s tech is nice and will try and tell us what this little ones are.

3.  M is looking for a new job.  Her boss is impossible and it's stress we do not need right now.

4.  Work is ubber stressful right now.  I just have to remind myself to breath and not to take anything personally.

5.  M is threatening to tape socks to my hands at night as I am clawing my belly and leaving marks.  I put lotion on it but I guess it itches so I scratch it in my sleep.

6.  If anyone has any tips for how to sleep better right now I will gladly take them.  I am measuring about 24 weeks right now so my belly gets very uncomfortable/sore while sleeping and wakes me up. (I side sleep on my left side)

7.  Watching the news for coverage of Isaac and what that means for us being on the Texas/LA boarder area. I really want some rain but being on this side of the storm we are probably just looking at a windy and hot few days.

8.  Need quick and easy recipes that use pasta or rice.  Preferably with little to no meat.  These babies are making me vegetarian.  I would love things that take 2 to 5 minutes to throw together and then put in the oven or crock pot.

9.  A little more than a week and the LO's can hear us!!!!!

10.  I'm almost halfway there! Is it sad I want to throw myself a party?!?!  I can't believe we found out in June and it's already Sept. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

1. Hi.  'Member me?

2. There's been a change in Baby S's case, which makes him more likely to go towards adoption.

3. He has a teenage sister who is now an open case with DCS.

4.........  No. I'm so not ready to parent a teen. Plus, she's with an aunt right now, and that should be okay for her.

5.  Work is insane this week!  It does make the time go by faster, though, which is awesome.

6. My cousin's premie baby is back in the NICU with viral meningitis.

7. If you pray, can you add her to the list please? Or send thoughts or light or whatever you send?  

8. Nothing else really seems important after that.

9. Should Baby S be a strawberry for Halloween? How perfect?!

10. He's going to be 4 months old soon.  Cray cray!

• Options
    imagemandykatie:

6. My cousin's premie baby is back in the NICU with viral meningitis.

7. If you pray, can you add her to the list please?

Most definitely!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    image2moms2b:

6.  If anyone has any tips for how to sleep better right now I will gladly take them.  I am measuring about 24 weeks right now so my belly gets very uncomfortable/sore while sleeping and wakes me up. (I side sleep on my left side)

One of those bop.py brand sleeping pillows for pregnant women. Most comfortable thing ever!

• Options
    imagedeegadee9:
    imagestringy813:

6. have people read confessions of the other mother or the other book by non-bio moms? i've heard mixed things about it. and i dont really want to read negative stories...

B here: I read most of the "non-bio mom" books when we started to ttc. I found that most of them were pretty depressing and really focused on the negative aspects. I thought "Confessions" was one of the better ones I read but mainly because it is short stories so if one story is bugging you...skip it. 

I honestly started reading books geared towards Dad's which made everything seem more normal. More applicable content (like all your wife wants right now is for you to clean something and rub her back) without all of the not being able to breast feed drama. I also really liked "Times Two." Its about a lesbian couple who get KU at the same time. It is really funny and heart warming.

https://www.amazon.com/Times-Two-Women-Happy-Family/dp/143917640X/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1346172733&sr=1-5&keywords=lesbian+two

I tried to read some of the dad stuff but it's all so condescending! Maybe that's just what I read though, there must be good dad books out there.

I put off reading Confessions for a long time b/c I heard it was negative, but I actually really enjoyed it. I haven't read any other non-bio mom books. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    image2mommiesinoh:
    image2moms2b:

One of those bop.py brand sleeping pillows for pregnant women. Most comfortable thing ever!

Thank you.  I have one of the larger pregnancy pillows but I just get tangled in it.  I have also tried putting a pillow under my belly but I just scoot off of it.. M found the one you are talking about on amaz.on the other night and almost ordered it but the reviews were mixed.  I might go ahead and do that.  I am keeping both of us up with my tossing.  Thank you!!!!!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    1. I hate to say this out loud...but, I am frightened that Little Man may be developing asthma. I pray not.
    2. DW and the Kiddos made an awesome pumpkin bread this weekend!
    3. I had Chipotle for lunch...YUM YUM!
    4. Little Man is turning into quite the "man of the house" (inside joke) ... he even has the dog waiting on the stairs until he tells her to come down.
    5. I wish we could take advantage of the long weekend, but our new and old mortgage are due...OUCH! (*True* I know you have had to do this many times.)
    6. We have a person willing to babysit for us and instead of utilizing the time to clean out the old house, we are having date night.
    7. Peanut has been wanting me to carry her around the past couple of days...I hope she is feeling okay.
    8. Fantasy football draft is next week...has it already been a year?
    9. I am 9th in the draft...all the qb's will be gone...I think I will focus in on a good WR.
    10. I haven't been to Church for awhile...it is not "Church" I miss, but the sermon.

• Options

1.  I have an acupuncturist appointment Friday and I can't wait.

2.  I don't know if its hormones from weaning or my period coming back or K going back to school and all the clothes shopping/getting ready she's been doing, but I was in a gigantic slump the last week and a half.  Like I can't get off the floor kind of 'slump'. 

3.  And the weird thing is, my sister, who I normally talk to every other day but I hadn't because I could hardly muster the energy to walk, never mind talk, called yesterday saying the same.exact.thing.  for the exact same time frame.  How weird is that?!  Neither of us is prone to depression but we were hit with the same problem/ same symptoms on the same day for the same amount of time.  I can't for the life of me think of anything that happened around now.. strange.

4.  I am so, so, so glad it is over.  Feeling that low is horrible and exhausting and lonely.  My heart goes out to people who suffer like that often.  

5.  I bought a vitamix the other night, in my sad, sad state.  Nothing cheers you up like a $500 blender.

6.  N and I have been smoothie drinking fools since.  I love,love,love that he is eating so many leafy greens now.   He has kale, broccoli, and spinach and lots of it, every day.  It makes my heart happy.

7.  Speaking of N - I just booked his one year photo shoot.  ONE YEAR?? WHAT? Seriously, how the fcuk did that happen?

8.  I'm on the fence about a cake smash.  We missed his newborn photos, too overwhelmed, and a friend is giving us a great discount so I am going all out but he hasn't had sugar... would it be lame and weird to call a bakery and ask them to make a sugar free icing?  

9.  K is back to school - and I am happy.  I loved having her home for the summer but holy cow, N's schedule was sooo off.  It is nice to have my job back.  I haven't hung out with him solo since last spring and yesterday as he tackled my head and face planted into the gigantic stuffed dog, laughing, I realized he is way more little boy than baby.  :(

10.  Tonight we are having buffalo chicken with avocado tacos from Pinterest. I am psyched.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. Well, true to our family tradition, one of the kids got sick on vacation. Carter has had a fever for 3 days and I finally broke down and took him to urgent care. Strep and a double ear infection. Lovely.

2. In 6y, I think we've had 1-2 vacations where someone didn't have a fever or some other type of crud.

3. We are clearly on vacation. Our hair is a tangled mess, we haven't eaten a single vegetable, I've drunk 5 beers in 3 days (the most I have had in a year), and I have read an entire book! :)

4.  We are at my dad's house - but he is renting it out for the summer and packed away his stuff. So, it is like his house - but not his house. It is weird.

5. L and my father are like oil and water. It is exhausting.

6. The kids are going to rest...that means I am going to read.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. I enjoy seeing my wife's posts, because I get to see old pics of the kiddos.

2. I am freaking out about getting our old house on the rental market. Yes, this will be on my TTT until it is done.

3. I am both looking forward to and really fearing September 1, when I will start a new exercise/healthy eating regimen.

4. I LOVED cooking with the kids this past weekend. I am so grateful we have a kitchen big enough for all of us now.

5. I was in a management training class today learning about the process to fire someone, and I momentarily thought "suspension = no work for a week? now that sounds good!" I think I need a vacation.

6. There was a mouse in my office at work yesterday. I didn't scream.

7. I got a surprise for S that I think she will really like, but I can't for the life of me remember where I hid it. Argh.

8. I hope Little Man feels better soon. He came to sleep with us before midnight last night, and spent the better part of the night actively trying to push me out of bed.

9. It was pretty funny, though, when he woke up at 6 and declared "I'm all done sleeping," then promptly fell back asleep.

10. I feel like I'm struggling to connect with Peanut lately, and it's really bothering me. I am pretty sure if I got S to finally join my "eliminate the paci" campaign, it would get much better. She interacts with me so much more when she doesn't have that darn thing in her mouth.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    imagethiswillbe:

7. I got a surprise for S that I think she will really like, but I can't for the life of me remember where I hid it. Argh.

10. I feel like I'm struggling to connect with Peanut lately, and it's really bothering me. I am pretty sure if I got S to finally join my "eliminate the paci" campaign, it would get much better. She interacts with me so much more when she doesn't have that darn thing in her mouth.

re:7. Can I help you look (HUGE SMILE)?

re:10. This made me sad...it will be a slow process, but I can try. 

• Options

1. For work today we took 5 buses of poor city families to a camp in the country.

2. After a huge vacuum in leadership for this event I ended up stepping up and doing a lot of the organizing.

3. I think it came out great.  And I think it helped my director to see me as more of a leader, since sometimes I feel like he forgets that he promoted me, since he never comes to my site to see me lead.

4.  I got stung by a wasp and the nurse made me sit for observation for like 15 minutes because it was my first sting and I have an allergic family member.

5. My staff are eternally frustrating.  I want so badly to vent more about this on the internet but always try to restrain myself.  :)

6.  I'm pretty sure I ovulated the day after IUI and am not at all optimistic about this cycle.

7.  IVF, always on my mind.

8.  I wish I had tomorrow off to recover from this trip today.

9.  I should probably be drinking 18 glasses of water but I don't want to.

10.  That's all I got.

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    imagestringy813:

6. have people read confessions of the other mother or the other book by non-bio moms? i've heard mixed things about it. and i dont really want to read negative stories...

I read and enjoyed it. You might also like "She Looks Just Like You"  ( https://www.amazon.ca/She-Looks-Just-Like-Nonbiological/dp/0807001511/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346197142&sr=8-1 ) which is a memoir that I also enjoyed.

- V

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"