C-sections
Options

Sore incision with exercise?

I had my c-section a little over six months ago.  I started walking/running 2 miles 3 times a week about 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday, my workout was a bit more intense than usual.  A couple of hours later, I noticed a hot spot that was slightly tender in the middle of my incision scar.  The skin isn't raw, but the area is redder than usual and a bit swollen.  I doesn't really "hurt" and hasn't gotten bigger, so I don't think it's infected.

What do you think?  Rubbing sutures?  Am I pulling apart some adhesions in my abdomen?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sore incision with exercise?

• Options
    I am sore and tender as well after I work out. Not sure if it's normal or not but I am seeing my ob for another reason tomorrow and I plan on bringing it up to her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had some soreness for several months after-especially during and after abdominal work. I do not recall any red spots though.

I would take it easy for a day or two and call your doc if it continues. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had soreness when I started to run further distances, but mine felt different like it wasn't actually on the scar, but more internal.  I saw my OB about it, and I described the pain and he didn't think it was anything related to my csection.  Oddly enough, I got my first pp AF about two days after my OB appt, so I think that I now feel pain with AF when I didn't really have issues before.  I would rest for a few days, then try to run again; if you still have pain setup an appt with your OB.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 11 months pp, and I still get a sore incision to this day when I exercise, but I have never noticed anything beyond some tenderness.  I would call your doctor just to be safe. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"