Dads & Dads-to-be

Here Comes Jacob!!

Hello All!!

Just wanted to let all you dad's out there know that we will begin inducing labor tomorrow night.  My wife seems to have caught a problem each and every trimester with this pregnancy, and this time it was Cholestasis.  This is a problem associated with the liver where the flow of bile is held up do to the baby putting too much pressure on the liver.  It is only associated with pregnancy, so it is not a risk to my wife's health, long-term.

So, it looks like I will have a son born, new to the world, Thursday, if all goes as planned.  I will let you all know when it happens.....keep your fingers crossed!

Re: Here Comes Jacob!!

• Congrats!  Hope everything goes smooth.
  • Congrats! Well not about the problem your wife is enduring but to your boy coming. To a easy labor man.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Being silly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dad to 4 amazing kids
  • Quick update....

Process is taking longer than we expected.  No dilation as of 8am this morning.  Wife is starting to feel more pressure and contractions are starting to line up rather nicely.  No labor yet though....

We will find out a lot more in an hour or so....

• good luck!! T&P for a safe delivery for your wife and son Smile
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageladyjenna13:

Quick update....

Process is taking longer than we expected.  No dilation as of 8am this morning.  Wife is starting to feel more pressure and contractions are starting to line up rather nicely.  No labor yet though....

I hope it starts progressing soon! 

Being silly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dad to 4 amazing kids
  • Holy crap!

Good luck dude! Sending you good vibes from Cally! That's crazy....fatherhood in 3.....2....

• imageladyjenna13:

Quick update....

Any update? Or are you too busy being a dad to a newborn to post on a silly website?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageLuckyDad:
    imageladyjenna13:

Quick update....

Any update? Or are you too busy being a dad to a newborn to post on a silly website?

Dads these days!  Pshh!

In all seriousness though I hope everything is going amazing and you are enjoying your son.

• Life could not be better than it is at this moment, gents!!

Of course, I am punch drunk from lack of sleep, but that means nothing when I hold my sleeping little baby boy in my arms and I know that he feel safe and secure in them. He is a very, very cute boy!!

Born August 25 at 2:41am

7 pounds 3 ounces

20.5 inches.

My wife is recovering nicely, and I have never been a bigger fan of hers than I am now.  She is a rock star for going through what she went through over those 50 + hours.  And once labor started, and his head was crowning, in those moments I knew EXACTLY why I wanted her to be my wife.

I am  very proud husband and father today....

So this fantasy football season my son will be right there by my side each and every Sunday, making me smile even as I scream at the television watching a Packer game. Just awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"