Postpartum Depression

PPD meds/bf??

I'm currently in my 1st trimester with my 3rd child. I got PPD with both of my previous children but was never put on meds. Last time was really hard for me to get through but I pushed because I really wanted to breast feed and was told by my OB I wouldn't be able to take PPD meds and bf. Does anyone know of any safe PPD meds that will allow you to breast feed???

Re: PPD meds/bf??

• I took both Zoloft and Lexapro. My son was only a bit over 4 1/2 lbs and I was still told it would be safe. I BF until he was 14 months and was on meds almost the whole time. I consulted my OB, DS ped, and my psychiatrist. All agreed it would be safe, even given his prematurity and low birth weight. I'd maybe get a second opinion. GL!
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • Zoloft is widely considered the safest for bfing. I would speak to your ob about medication options.

GL!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! This makes me feel a lot better!
  • JCMJCM member
    I was on Lexapro and it was safe for BFing too.  Talk to you OB and try to come up with a plan to get on the meds as soon as you start feeling the least bit of PPD sneaking up on you.  GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took zoloft with DS. I was on it from the time he was 4 weeks until he was 10 months and breastfed the entire time. I plan on having some on hand after this baby is born too. There is no way I want to feel like that again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"