Two Under 2
Options

You ladies better be right!

The ones that say it's harder to be PG with a toddler than to have 2u2. If you're not, I may just end up in a mental hospital. I'm having a real time of it right now and can really use some encouragement. The short story is that DD is getting over being sick for the last 2 weeks and is still really congested. She had started sleeping until close to 8 but is back to her 6am wake up after I'm up all night unable to sleep. And the past 2 days, she's decided she doesn't need either of her 2 naps when it's glaringly obvious that she's tired and grumpy and not feeling well. I'm just getting over whatever she had as well and then DH came home yesterday with a fever of 104.6! I'm so tired of everyone being sick and needy. DH stayed home from work today. Where's my sick day?! I need a mental health day more though...DD is getting hard to carry and testing her boundaries more. My extra supportive friends just tell me it will get worse with her testing the waters. There are a million things to do around the house that just keep adding up because no one feels well and then, starting next weekend, we have one open weekend until I'm 36 weeks along. DD was born at 37 so I'm freaking that once I finally get a break, I'll be having a baby! I can do this, right ladies? Right?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
DD born 5/15/11
DS born 11/12/12

Re: You ladies better be right!

• Options
    Hang in there!  I know EXACTLY how you feel and it's really been tough lately.  Do you have any friends that would be able to watch your LO for even a few hours?  Someone watched my kiddo for me yesterday and I was able to go home, tidy up the house, take a nap and prep a few meals before I needed to pick him up.  That time was mentally and physically beneficial and I feel awesome today.  I'm going to "return the favor" by watching her kiddos next week so she can get caught up on things as well.  Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

((HUGS)) you can do it! Being pregnant was the hardest for me.  Being uncomfortable (I was sleeping propped up with a million pillows near the end), not being able to move around, bend over etc.  Once the baby came I was like a new person!  I hope everyone feels better soon!

I hate to admit it but every now and then when one of my kids is sick and refusing to sleep I'll give them Ibuprofen, and that knocks them right out!  I don't like to medicate often, but no one is happy when they can't sleep!

As for testing boundaries, I set up rules I could consistently follow and stick to them, reinforcing good behavior, and explaining what I wanted them to do, not what they couldn't do.

Remember this time around you have already done the "baby thing" so it won't be as crazy when you brought your first one home (think about it, you can change a diaper with on hand tied behind your back in the dark by now, right?!)

Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can do it! And yes, IMO it's waaaay harder to be pg with a toddler (or two!) than to have two or three outside kids to take care of. Even at my most overwhelmed moments, I have never, ever wished that I was still pg so that I didn't have to deal with the kids.

• Options

I've only had two for a little under two weeks, now. But seriously it's easier than being pregnant with a toddler. I can move whereas when I was pregnant I couldn't move easily, and sleep soundly (as soundly as I can with a newborn).

Towards the end of my pregnancy I would have family take DS for a couple hours so I could get some things done every so often. It helped!!! 

Good luck. It just seems crappy for now because everyone's sick. 

image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemoonfaerie:
    You can do it! And yes, IMO it's waaaay harder to be pg with a toddler (or two!) than to have two or three outside kids to take care of. Even at my most overwhelmed moments, I have never, ever wished that I was still pg so that I didn't have to deal with the kids.

This exactly!!! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemoonfaerie:

This exactly!!! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I think it is especially hard right now since everyone's been sick lately. Things were starting to look up later in the weekend and then I woke up with a sore throat and pounding headache this morning! Sheesh! I'm taking it as easy as I can and fighting this will all I got so hopefully it'll get the picture and not stick around. I'm so ready for everyone to feel better!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"