Single Parents
Options

how can i keep bds mother away from lo

im scared that if bds mother ever gets her hands on lo shell take him away and ill never see him again. i told my parents i felt this way and they said i was being irrational. she TOLD ME that i didnt deserve to have a baby with her son and that im gonna be a horrible mother because i considered putting the baby up for adoption and that she was gonna make sure i didnt see him. shes gonna make me sound bad every chance she gets and it really scares me,,, do you think she could actually legally get him any way
Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: how can i keep bds mother away from lo

• Options
    Idk what your state laws are, but here there is a grandparents law where you can't keep the baby away from the grandparent unless they have been in jail, rehab etc. but I doubt she can get custody of him unless she proves you unfit. If that is what you are worried about.
    "Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You can keep the child away from grandparents until the grandparents pursue legal action. Or, you can get an attorney, explain your concerns and hope that you can at least get supervised visits for the grandparents. Otherwise, the grandparents can pursue their rights themselves via court and make an even bigger mess. Either way, I'd suggest finding an attorney and getting some free legal advice. 

My biggest fear when I divorced EXH was that he was going to take my son because he was so bitter. It's a rational fear, I think, as moms. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Grandparents have very few rights. Usually grandparent visitation is tied to father visitation. Grandparents rights kick in if one parent is no longer in the picture, so that set of grandparents can know their grandchild. It's not like parental rights. Tgere is absolutely nothing wrong with making them fight for it.
  • Options

Sorry, total lurker but I had to chime in. Most states do not have grandparent's rights. Those that do generally only kick in if one of the parents dies. (in your case BD). And even then it is just for visitation unless you are a truly truly terrible parent and the state was already revoking your rights b/c they would rather place with family than in foster care.

Most lawyers offer free consultations. Go talk to someone. Have notes before you go of all the details of the situation and all questions you have. You'll feel better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Here both parents can be living and they have the rights to see the child whenever. So here you can not keep them away unless like I said they have been to jail etc. It is very common! BUT they don't have custody!

"Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"