April 2012 Moms
Options

Are you ready for this? FFFC

12346»

Re: Are you ready for this? FFFC

• Options
    imagemegoguen:

DH plays soccer on Thursday nights. Then from September to May, he plays on Sundays too. I've been undecided on if I should ask him to not play one of the days since having a baby. Instead I asked him to use his judgement on if he should play on those days if LO is having a bad day/night.

So last night, he comes home from soccer and hurt his knee, bad. He's talking about possibly needing surgery. He's getting it checked out today. At first I was worried if he was okay, then anger hit because now I have to take care of LO from bringing her upstairs to the nursery for naps/sleeping, actually getting her down for sleeping, entertaining her (she can get fussy if we sit too long with her), and just all around taking care of LO. I soooo look forward to the weekends when I get a break since I'm a SAHM, but now, I have to take care of them both. Also, we're house hunting and have an appointment tomorrow. We may have to reschedule for a later time so DH can heal and won't have to use more stairs. DH senses I'm pissed but I can't help it. I'm (un)selfishly pissed.

Honestly I think you deserve to be pissed.  This should be a DH rant not a FFFC.  I hope he heals quickly so he can start helping out soon. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMikeHoncho:
    I don't think I noticed any Dixee bashing? I was thinking this was actually a pretty level headed debate. Dixee are you feeling bashed? 

I'm good!  But, Christina_Diane, I really appriciate your support!  I was starting to feel a little lonely! 

I think my skin for stuff like this is thicker than people might imagine because I fight the fight daily.  In order to be effective, I have to keep my cool.

When I say everyday, I really mean everyday.  Just last night, I told DH that I got fatgirljogging heckled when I was jogging.  DH was talking about how that was ridiculous because I'm "not fat".  But, that wasn't the point.  The point is, I'm not out there jogging for compliments/complaints.  When I enter a fitness model competition, then comment.  But as I'm jogging in public, leave me (and others) the eff alone.

Anyway, DH followed up with "Who does that anyway?  Who yells out windows at people?!"  My response was "Um, you.  You did it the other day to a fat man smoking a cigarette on the sidewalk.  You're a grownazz man.  Don't do that.  It's childish and inappropriate."

If I would've brought that up out of context, he wouldn't have been receptive.  But the opportunity came up and I was able to speak about that incident and I betcha he never yells out the dang window again!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! He was still Mr. Butthurt this morning. I can't strip a bed with him laying on it! He did make my protein shake for me this morning, to be nice I assume, but I still growled at him when he kissed us good bye for the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagemegoguen:

DH plays soccer on Thursday nights. Then from September to May, he plays on Sundays too. I've been undecided on if I should ask him to not play one of the days since having a baby. Instead I asked him to use his judgement on if he should play on those days if LO is having a bad day/night.

So last night, he comes home from soccer and hurt his knee, bad. He's talking about possibly needing surgery. He's getting it checked out today. At first I was worried if he was okay, then anger hit because now I have to take care of LO from bringing her upstairs to the nursery for naps/sleeping, actually getting her down for sleeping, entertaining her (she can get fussy if we sit too long with her), and just all around taking care of LO. I soooo look forward to the weekends when I get a break since I'm a SAHM, but now, I have to take care of them both. Also, we're house hunting and have an appointment tomorrow. We may have to reschedule for a later time so DH can heal and won't have to use more stairs. DH senses I'm pissed but I can't help it. I'm (un)selfishly pissed.

I have some left over verbal abuse to spare if you need it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagehuahualove:
    imagefoozzle:
    imagehuahualove:
    imagepuppylove64:

This is more an Uo, but letting your dog clean up a baby's spit up is disgusting. That is vomit. Next time you throw up, let your dog eat it too so as not to waste the food :-/

My fffc, ss spilled a whole glass of milk on the floor and I told him to let the dog in to clean it up (dh flipped his shitz and didn't allow it, but I most definitely will again in the future if he isn't there) 

Yeah, I think it is pretty gross, that is why I put it on here.

My dog threw up the other day while I was nursing.  I planned to clean it when I was done feeding.  Puck cleaned it up before I could get to it.  Oops.

after about a month of trying to go run to clean it up before the dogs got to it and me only being able to do it a few times I gave up. I mean, what am I gonna do, kennel all 3 dogs before they lick it up clean it an unkennel them?

That is understandable. But I would never call my dog over and point the mess out for them to clean up. Whenever lo spits on the floor and the dogs are in, I tell them no and clean it up asap. Luckily they are pretty good listeners 

• Options
    imagedixee.deluxe:

imageMikeHoncho:
    I don't think I noticed any Dixee bashing? I was thinking this was actually a pretty level headed debate. Dixee are you feeling bashed? 

I'm good!  But, Christina_Diane, I really appriciate your support!  I was starting to feel a little lonely! 

I think my skin for stuff like this is thicker than people might imagine because I fight the fight daily.  In order to be effective, I have to keep my cool.

When I say everyday, I really mean everyday.  Just last night, I told DH that I got fatgirljogging heckled when I was jogging.  DH was talking about how that was ridiculous because I'm "not fat".  But, that wasn't the point.  The point is, I'm not out there jogging for compliments/complaints.  When I enter a fitness model competition, then comment.  But as I'm jogging in public, leave me (and others) the eff alone.

Anyway, DH followed up with "Who does that anyway?  Who yells out windows at people?!"  My response was "Um, you.  You did it the other day to a fat man smoking a cigarette on the sidewalk.  You're a grownazz man.  Don't do that.  It's childish and inappropriate."

If I would've brought that up out of context, he wouldn't have been receptive.  But the opportunity came up and I was able to speak about that incident and I betcha he never yells out the dang window again!

I totally agree with all of this Dixee and I hope I didn't say anything to make you feel personally attacked (I know you said you didn't feel that way I just wanted to reiterate my feelings). I really enjoy grown as$ discussion about things and it's nice to be able to debate without getting your head ripped off. 

• Options

imageMikeHoncho:
    Also, I might be super duper bishy today because I'm pretty sure my husband moving his coming home date back more means that I can't go to the Michigan GTG because I will be picking his ass up from the airport. CHRIST. WORST.WEEK.EVER.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was so excited to meet you. Crying

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options

imagehuahualove:
    I think in general, not just on this board, that people get offended way to easily because they read into things people say too much. It is almost like they are always trying to find something offensive in anything people say and it gets old.

Tardy to the party here but I totally agree.  While I love a good and funny snarkfest, the hurt my feelings stuff can go way too far.  A couple of weeks ago my facebook status read, "People who get offended too easily offend me".  Alright, I get it, there is some stuff out there that does go a little far (for some people anyway) and I realize that I have a much darker and different sense of humor than most people BUT I seriously wish I could pass out some out some big girl undies sometimes... 

• Options
    imageBeener0514:

imageMikeHoncho:
    Also, I might be super duper bishy today because I'm pretty sure my husband moving his coming home date back more means that I can't go to the Michigan GTG because I will be picking his ass up from the airport. CHRIST. WORST.WEEK.EVER.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was so excited to meet you. Crying

I'm SO mad. But I'm working on it.  The main issue is that the GTG is like 3 hours away but my grandma lives on that side of the state so I was going to come up the day before the GTG then go to the GTG then go home the day of the GTG (I know this is prob. confusing but I'm trying to keep it vague). My husband now needs to be picked up the day before the GTG. So I could pick him up (in the middle of the night) go get some sleep.. drive up the same day? But that's 6 hours for L in the car and 6 hours in the car for me with no other adult to feed him in the back or whatever.

The guys he flies in with were supposed to just give him a ride.. I don't understand why this plan is down the drain. 

• Options
    imageMikeHoncho:

The guys he flies in with were supposed to just give him a ride.. I don't understand why this plan is down the drain. 

If he's anything like my DH, it's because he won't come out and ask them to and would rather inconvenience his wife. 

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options
    It seems to me that those people who are saying that people shouldn't get offended over what other people say are getting offended.  I think that some of this directly or indirectly intended for me.  If you can't make a point without being hurtful then you need to grow up.  There is a big difference between being snarky when the occasion calls for it and being nasty because it's funny and you want to hurt someone.  This is just bullying and very young.
  • Options
    imageXimena M:
    imagemegoguen:

Honestly I think you deserve to be pissed.  This should be a DH rant not a FFFC.  I hope he heals quickly so he can start helping out soon. 

I can't rant on DH. The fact that I said this is new. But yeah, I'm pissed. I hate him playing so much soccer, especially sine we're getting older (33) and less active.
  • Options

imageXimena M:
    It seems to me that those people who are saying that people shouldn't get offended over what other people say are getting offended.  I think that some of this directly or indirectly intended for me.  If you can't make a point without being hurtful then you need to grow up.  There is a big difference between being snarky when the occasion calls for it and being nasty because it's funny and you want to hurt someone.  This is just bullying and very young.

Most definitely not intended for you.  The only thing I ever saw you get upset over was totally justified.  And I am not offended that people get offended - that was a joke.  I just think that there are some people who clutch their pearls too tightly. 

• Options
    imageHarper'smom:
    imagemegoguen:

I have some left over verbal abuse to spare if you need it.

Um yeah, I would have been livid if I were you. And I have a hard time expressing my anger toward DH but he's beating himself up about this. Unfortunately I'm good at manipulating when it's inappropriate. And I hate, HATE manipulators.
  • Options
    imagenicolelaroche:
    imageMikeHoncho:

If he's anything like my DH, it's because he won't come out and ask them to and would rather inconvenience his wife. 

Him, "There's not enough room in the car for all of us and luggage"

Me, "You have two cars.."

Him, "Yeah but so and so is going to make us go to (hour out of the way) on the way home so I don't want to ride with him."

Me, "ARGH are you kidding me?!"

HIm, "Aren't you even excited to see me?!"

Yes, I'm excited. But he was supposed to be home 3-4 days before the GTG, which is why I said I would go in the first place. And how many chances are we going to get to do another GTG?! UGH. Sad 

• Options

Man you just made me feel really old!  Here is a short story about this guy I was dating a few years ago that ignored that he was getting older. 

He joined a summer baseball team and halfway through proceeded to break his clavicle.  The next summer we started dating and he decides to join the baseball team again.  He slides into base and proceeds to dislocate his ankle at a 40 degree angle.  It was so gross!  He was like 43 when he did this.  I think he stopped playing baseball. 

• Options
    imagetiannalee:

imageXimena M:

Most definitely not intended for you.  The only thing I ever saw you get upset over was totally justified.  And I am not offended that people get offended - that was a joke.  I just think that there are some people who clutch their pearls too tightly

This made me laugh.  I think I'm sensitive because I've been calling political adds people and making them back up their lies.  You know, the ones that put phone numbers in the adds and call you asking for donations.

• Options

I love these good debate threads because it seems like I always come out of them with a new perspective on things. Dixee, I honestly hadn't ever thought about the overuse of compliments based on appearance. I want so badly for DD to grow up being self-confident and your views have really given me something to think about!! So thank you!

And my dog has licked up baby spit up more than a few times. Dogs are gross. They eat their own poop and puke... they find dead animals and roll on them. I'm pretty sure that allowing her to lick spit up is the least gross thing she's done all week!!

imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrs_j_may_08:

I love these good debate threads because it seems like I always come out of them with a new perspective on things. Dixee, I honestly hadn't ever thought about the overuse of compliments based on appearance. I want so badly for DD to grow up being self-confident and your views have really given me something to think about!! So thank you!

And my dog has licked up baby spit up more than a few times. Dogs are gross. They eat their own poop and puke... they find dead animals and roll on them. I'm pretty sure that allowing her to lick spit up is the least gross thing she's done all week!!

This is why I keep fightin' the good fight.  Thanks for listening! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options

Okay, bashing = too strong of a word.

I probably read into the replies too much. 

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mikehoncho- I miss family matter's, boy meets world and step by step. The show Melissa and Joey looks like it is using the same house as step by step.
  • Options
    mine: I kind of love all these random AEs that have popped up recently. 
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagehuahualove:
    My FFFC is that DS spits up a lot so I normally hold him on my hip facing out so he won't spit up on me but just on the floor.... Then I let the dogs lick it up. They started doing it themselves before I was able to come back to clean it but now I point it out to the dogs if they don't notice it. I still mop my floors every other day if that helps any at all.[/quote

lol. My dogs do this too. I don't point to it, but they are faster than I am
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagegisa886:
    imageMikeHoncho:
    This board, but mostly just the bump in general, makes me feel like I'm walking on egg shells around pregnant women, women with babies and maybe just women in general. From this site I have gathered:Don't say a pregnant woman looks tiny/don't say she looks bigDon't say her baby is tiny/bigDon't say she looks great postpartumDon't even acknowledge a baby in public apparentlyDon't touch a baby or come close to itDon't touch a belly/come close to it even for close family membersnbsp;Some of youz guyz need to chill the fricks out about people you run into while you are out of the house. nbsp;Believe it or not, some people are just trying to be nice or they don't know what else to say. I am one of these people. nbsp;When I say your baby looks squeezy and delicious I am trying to be nice and funny, I don't literallynbsp;want to squeeze and eat your precious baby. Jimminy Cricket.nbsp;

Yup! As long as people aren't sticking their fingers in my children's mouths then touch away.

Yeah. this. I hate when DH's grandma sticks her knuckle in C's mouth to check if she's hungry. I know her schedule and when she should be hungry. If I'm not making her bottle, then she's not hungry....so get your old wrinkly, excema and bengay covered hands out of my babies mouth!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am late to the party...beyond late. But I want to play because I haven't gotten to even read the FFFC in like 3 weeks since I started back to work...and I almost never comment. But, I've dealt with crazy 6th graders all week and I'm feeling like I need some adult interaction, even if it's one sided. It's my first interwebz in forever, so don't mind my random comments....maybe I'll even find my own FFFC.......

I am also a snarky teacher this week. There has been little sleep, much planning, and much stress. This + hormonal 11 year olds = short temper

Even though I wanted to wait until 6 months, we started cereal 2 days ago. She loves it. And we feed it to her after she nurses. A little rice cereal at 4.5 months isn't the end of the world Huh? Based on the pedi's schedule, it will probably be close to 6 months before she hits veggies. I hate using BM for it too. That shiz is gold...especially these days. But, I give her so little it's barely any milk.

I hope everyone who is sad or having marital issues feels better soon. I hate sad days and lord knows that bad marriage days make life suck even more. Squeeze your kiddos and love on their delicious, chunky, beautiful faces.

The hairball thing happened once. She knows now it's an issue and felt terrible for it. I'm surprised I don't poop daily hairballs between my PP hair loss and our husky.

I own this magnet image

I understand the turn off with physical compliments. I lost a lot of weight in high school on meds and after the initial "YAY, I'm skinny(er)" moments I got really ticked off that people treated me differently than they used to because I was down a few sizes. HI.....SAME PERSON!! But, being a chunker, I enjoyed being told how good I looked pregnant....don't know why that's different. Hormones I guess.

I'm torn....I'm American, but my dad's Canadian and never became a citizen...dilemma.

If my dog had his way, and I didn't get a different litter box, he would eat cat poop all day long. A little vomit isn't worse. Apparently their super sniffers can smell the food in there. They lick their own butts and I'm pretty sure my dog gives himself BJs, so a little puke would be no biggie.

Superior....love the dictionary reference

LOL quote trees

Ximena- I love your integrity. I'm totally the type to call people out on political stuff. Don't just spout stupid "facts" at me. You'd better be able to back it up with some serious proof. And then I'll debate you because I do my research before engaging in political banter. (ooh..it's getting to be that time of year. My BP is going to go up!!)Wink

SOrry if that was long. My FFFC....I'm not nearly as freaked out as I feel I should be for a FTM. I thought I would be such a spaz and sometimes conversations on these boards make me feel like I'm crappy for not freaking about every little thing. I let people hold her whenever, I don't have "are-you-still-breathing" monitors (even though I am still freaked about SIDS), I took her to visit my school at 2 weeks old even though it was in the room with severe disabilities who are often slimy, and I shouldn't have I guess (no one touched her in there), I had planned on waiting on solids and we've started cereal at 4.5 months. I feel like I am going to parent more like as if we lived in the 80s when I was growing up.....a little dirt won't hurt you, go play outside, hold doors, smile when people walk by, respect your elders...all of that apparently outdated stuff. None of the kids I work with have any of these basic social skills. Life moves so fast these days and I would really like DD to grow up and appreciate life and not be in such a hurry.

This was almost a FFSC by the time I finished reading and commenting!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"