Pregnant after 35
Options

Am I pregnant? I got spotting only 2 weeks after my period. Never had this before.

I am 39 years old. I have a 5 year old son already. I've had very regular cycles all my life 28 days pretty much on the dot. My first time pregnant, The day my period was due I had spotting that turned to brown spotting and then went away.. I took a pregnancy test and it came up positive.  Now 5 years later.. I've had regular cycles that started the month after giving birth but I am getting older now. I had one missed period...wondering if I was pregnant I went to the doctor to check and he told me I had a cyst.  I had a DNC done the next month  only to be told at the DNC that he doesn't see anything anymore but he will do the DNC anyway to be sure since I already had the shots in the hips.   That 8 months ago in December. Then I was back to a regular 28 day cycle again.

Last month. I got my period 1 week early which was very odd.  Had sex the day after my period ended so like was cycle day 5.  Exactly 2 weeks after this period started.. I got pink/reddish but heavy spotting that lasted about half a day.. It ended in the same dark brown that I got when I was pregnant with my son. But with my son it was a small drop of brown and nothing more.  I waited 3 days from the day I was spotting and took a pg test and it was negative. I technically should not get my period until 8 more days from now on the 23rd of August, 2012. If I have a 3 week period again. I would expect to have my peirod tommorrow.  I have never had this weird spotting like this but I also had never been 1 week early with the exception of missing the period the one time.

So now I am wondering if it was ovulation bleeding since it was on day 14 or if it is implantation bleeding as it would be 9 days after having unprotected sex. I haven't had any cramping or any other symptons or problems. I'm also wondering if I am going through early menopausal stages since I am 39 now. Anyone have anything similar?

Re: Am I pregnant? I got spotting only 2 weeks after my period. Never had this before.

• Options
    There is no way to know except to take a pg test once a week with first morning urine until you either get a positive, your period starts, OR if 60 days passes w/o a cycle and your tests are all negative the dr can give you something to kick start your cycle.
    However it's not uncommon for "regular" women to have an off cycle for no apparent reason. It's not uncommon for our cycles to get less regular as we approach peri menopause. It's not uncommon to develope random gynological issues like your previous cyst.
    Test, wait it out, then call a dr at 60 days.
    Good luck.
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

just throwing this out there...take a pregnancy test!

are you TTC? If so, I would strongly encourage you to read "taking charge of your fertility" and chart. You don't see to know your body that well, and charting will teach you a lot.

good luck

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"