Illinois Babies

new Silver Cross in New Lenox?

My obgyn said that they will start doing deliveries at Silver Cross in August.  Currently their other options are Palos Hospital and Christ Hospital. 

At Palos, the rooms are nicer especially for the dads.  But if your baby needed more critical attention they would send the baby to another hospital like Christ.  So your option is to just delivery at Christ to avoid that move. With Silver Cross being new and state-of-the-art, it would be perfect if they also handle the emergency babies.

Does anyone know if they handle most emergency situations or will they have to send the newborn to another hospital?

Re: new Silver Cross in New Lenox?

• We are in the same situation. We were originally planning on delivering in Palos but were told there is no NIC and my OB will have me deliver at Christ, which both, my and husband and I do not like. We are even considering now to go to Prentice downtown - but Silver Cross in New Lenox would be a great alternative. So I will be following this message thread here to see if I can learn more. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, I did a little more research, and it looks like Silver Cross in New Lenox is  "only" a Perinatal II hospital, whereas Advocate Christ is a level III. I found this great website: https://www.healthcarereportcard.illinois.gov/hospitals/perinatal where you can compare all Illinois hospitals.... check it out :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor sees me at Silver Cross Hospital for my monthly visits.  I am with the Pronger Smith Medical Group and their hospitals are Palos & Metro South in Blue Island.  Because I have an HMO, Silver Cross will not allow me to deliver there b/c they don't accept HMO's for deliveries, even though it is closer to my house.  So, Metro South it is - that is where my contract is with.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I delivered last month at Silver Cross with an HMO (but that's my site or how ever they word that). I can't say anything about their NICU or other emergency's with newborns, because thankfully I didn't need them. But this was by far the nicest hospital that I have ever been in. The staff was great and do not regret delivering there.

We recently moved from Maryland and this hospital was be far so much nicer than the place I was going to deliver at in Annapolis.

Due 10/4/2015 with my third
  • imageaudrinia:

I delivered last month at Silver Cross with an HMO (but that's my site or how ever they word that). I can't say anything about their NICU or other emergency's with newborns, because thankfully I didn't need them. But this was by far the nicest hospital that I have ever been in. The staff was great and do not regret delivering there.

We recently moved from Maryland and this hospital was be far so much nicer than the place I was going to deliver at in Annapolis.

I guess I meant that the medical group I belong to only has a contract with Metro South for deliveries under the HMO insurance. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also am part of the Proger Medical group and was only allowed to deliver at MetroSouth two months ago but I was very pleased and surprised by my delivery experience there. I had wonderful friendly nurses, the lactation consultant was very helpful and available when needed. On the second day of the stay there is a celebration dinner with your signficant other and a new parent class in the morning but I missed out on those things because I had the option to be discharged a day early and I took it. I felt secure with the security system they have in place for the newborns and moms. It was a good first time experience being a new mom and all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"