March 2012 Moms

possibly loosing our babysitter soon =(

I am getting a little nervous, and I know I shouldn't freak out or anything until this is a for sure thing, but my dad who has been watching Jonathan the past 3months, just had a job interview. We knew my dad wouldn't be home forever to babysit, but I thought he would at least be off for a little bit longer. He told me today the interview went well, he has a second one on friday, and he really wants the job. I am so happy for him, but now I don't know what I am going to do. DH and I work fulltime, and one of us staying home is not an option =(

I never did any research on day cares, I don't even know where to start.  Aren't there usually wait lists for places? Any suggestions or HELP is truly appreciated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage

Re: possibly loosing our babysitter soon =(

• You could look into a nanny share.  Try www.care.com  

That really stinks.  I hope the perfect situation pops up for you very soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It varies widely by city. We had crazy waitlists here but my friend had no problem. I would look into nannies/nanny shares for a quick option and see if there are waitlists in your area for centers. We toured everything in a 6 mile radius because I work a mile from home but you could look at home and nearby both workplaces. More than likely you will get a good feeling from one of them. I'd also ask any mom groups or email lists for your area if you are on any. I found centers by looking at the accreditation website for preschools in our city. I figured if they cared enough to put the work into preschool certification they probably cared about dd's development. I also heard you can contact the dept of labor here to get a list of certified in home centers but I never did that.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • When I was looking for DS, I created a spreadsheet with locations that we could get to and other information about them that I wanted to compare.  Then, I reviewed the information from the state inspections, and contacted the ones I was interested in via email.  We then toured a few and went with the one that fit us the best.  It's not easy, but there is a gut feeling to keep in mind. 
  • Ask around for recommendations and tour as many places as you can. We just got a good feeling from the daycare DS is in now. I would also start looking sooner than later, just in case, because with school starting soon lots of kids are going back into daycare and spots will fill up fast. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dont freak! Some places have a wait list some dont! Im in the same boat, losing our sitter end of the month. We will struggle with it together lol. I had put a deposit down on a place near by and will have to go firm up details. However am totally hating the idea of trying to play with funds to cover.

We will be ok! Try to find a place close to your work. Because we will get those fever calls, sickly calls etc. And you know MOM is always the one that has to be available.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • imageSparks in training!:

Dont freak! Some places have a wait list some dont! Im in the same boat, losing our sitter end of the month. We will struggle with it together lol. I had put a deposit down on a place near by and will have to go firm up details. However am totally hating the idea of trying to play with funds to cover.

We will be ok! Try to find a place close to your work. Because we will get those fever calls, sickly calls etc. And you know MOM is always the one that has to be available.

thanks everyone for the suggestions!

And yes..sparksintraining...we can struggle together =) I started doing research today on places close by. And made some appointments to DH and I can go visit and get all of the details.  My dad will find out for sure early next week, and even if he starts work right away, I have about a month where someone in my family can watch him. So if i can find a place to take him in Sept that would be absolutely great.  But so many places don't give a lot of information on their websites or when I called, so I had to make appointments, which is fine, I need to get a feel for the place anyways. And yes, I am also worried about the cost of daycare! But it always works out in the end =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"