June 2011 Moms
Options

tmi gross diaper question

I know I can't ask about poop on FB...so yall get to hear it. :)

I see a stray carrot or grape skin in her diaper every now and then, but she just pooped her entire lunch worth of veggies completely undigested. The corn I expected, but I can't remember the last time I saw a whole pea in her diaper and she eats a cup of them a day! It was seriously almost no actual poop and then whole pieces of carrot, lima bean, peas, grape quarters (not just the skin!), etc. 

Have yall seen that before? She hadn't pooped all day (she is a 2-3x per day pooper!) and had been acting constipated. Poor thing probably had her booty all blocked up with whole veggies!  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: tmi gross diaper question

• Options
    I have not seen that specifically, but Evie has weird gross poops when she is getting molars.  The first time it happened, I blamed her 1 year shots, but it just happened again and then her bottom molars came out, so I think that was the culprit.  Do you think it could be teething related?
  • Options
    Yep, that happens to Nikolai sometimes.  Tons of undigested stuff.  And sometimes he'll poop a single piece of corn or a pea.  No poop, just the veggie.  That always makes me laugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejcsumm0:
    I have not seen that specifically, but Evie has weird gross poops when she is getting molars.  The first time it happened, I blamed her 1 year shots, but it just happened again and then her bottom molars came out, so I think that was the culprit.  Do you think it could be teething related?

i hadn't thought about that. Could be? She doesn't seem like she's teething, but she only has 4 teeth so surely there are more coming at some point. Maybe not chewing bc she's hurting + lots of drool just flushed all that stuff out undigested?  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
  • Options
    DS does this especially if he ate a lot of one thing.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That happens to DD sometimes as well. She does have 4 molars coming in according to the dentist when she had her eval a few weeks ago. I didn't know that that could have anything to do with it, but who knows!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    klvklv member
    I've seen this too. Mostly with peas.
  • Options

imagegymnst1013:
    Yep, that happens to Nikolai sometimes.  Tons of undigested stuff.  And sometimes he'll poop a single piece of corn or a pea.  No poop, just the veggie.  That always makes me laugh.

This is the funniest thing ever! I literally laughed out loud and scared the dog! 

I can always see bits and pieces of what she's eaten and often will see larger pieces than usual.  I also am beginning to correlate the nastier poops with when a new tooth is coming.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebabysteps23:
    Whole black beans, corn, sometimes blueberries...he is working on his 4th molar so this could definitely have something to do with it...?

Ditto, particularly the blueberries.

He once had an entire diaper full of blueberries, but after a trip through his body they were more of a turqouise black then their regular color. It looked like he pooped teal rocks...it was awhile before he got blueberries again.

its not just blueberries, there are times its like you described, everything he ate out the other end.

• Options

imagegymnst1013:

Um, yeah LOLed so much that DH wondered what was wrong.  I had to show him this post and he laughed a lot too.  Rereading about the single piece of corn or pea got me laughing so hard the second time I had tears.  We've had this happen with blueberries also, he freaking loves blueberries and would eat nothing but if we let him.  He has had poops that were navy blue and when you wipe his butt the poop smears a lovely shade of blue.  But never a whole lunch like carlaandjames described!  That's something!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm, it happens with DD but seems to come and go, I never thought about it being teething related, but it makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"