Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

if you use a chain daycare- who do you use?

1. how do you like them? what is the monthly cost & what area of the country do you live in? 

starting to look now for when i go back to work when she turns 1. i think i like the idea of a learning-oriented daycare versus having someone come to my house b/c i find it hard enough myself to keep her engaged all day.  

2. also- what do they do with LO during the day in terms of schedule/activities 

Re: if you use a chain daycare- who do you use?

• Options

1. how do you like them? what is the monthly cost & what area of the country do you live in? 

WE USE BRIGHT HORIZONS AND LOVE THEM! THEY ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHERS WE LOOKED AT (GODDARD, LEARNING EXPRESS, KIDDE ACADEMY) BUT WE FELT SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE SENDING HIM THERE. WE ALSO LOVE THAT THEY HAVE AN RN ON STAFF EVERY DAY. IT'S $1700 A MONTH FOR FULL TIME, AND $1200 FOR PART TIME. WHEN I FIRST WENT BACK TO WORK DS WENT FULL TIME, AND THEN I ENDED UP GOING PART TIME JUST BECAUSE I MISSED HIM! WE LIVE IN NJ.

2. also- what do they do with LO during the day in terms of schedule/activities 

THEY HAVE SO MANY. EVERY WEEK HAS A 'THEME' THAT THEY BASE THEIR 'CURRICULUM' AROUND THAT WHOLE WEEK.... OLYMPICS, A CERTAIN ANIMAL / COLOR / LETTER / HOLIDAY / ETC. THEN BASED ON THAT, THEY DO AN ART PROJECT EVERY DAY, MUSIC, STORIES, ETC. ALSO THEY DO LOTS OF OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES - SAND PLAY, WATER PLAY, BUBBLE PARTIES.... HE GETS A SHEET EVERY DAY OF WHAT THEY DID AND HOW HE PARTICIPATED. EVEN SO YOUNG, THEY ALWAYS HAVE A WAY FOR HIM TO MAXIMIZE THE EXPERIENCE. WE LOVE IT, AND SO DOES HE!

"If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I used to work for Bright Horizons and we chose La Petite for my DD. The prices vary by location. They are not all the same, but I feel comfortable choosing a chain that has structure, curriculum, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are at the Learning Experience and love it. Its new, clean and the teachers are great. They do so many activities and really love my son. Every month we get a binder with all of his crafts and on his daily sheet they list things they did.

Costs vary, but I negotiated pretty well  :)   we are in NJ, HCOL.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"