Preemies

Anyone else see the GE NICU commercial?

It's been playing during the Olympics at night and I've seen it twice...the first time I got teary-eyed but I had a good cry after watching it last night!  I think the NICU experience is just still so fresh in my mind. 
IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone else see the GE NICU commercial?

• imageBostonKisses2:
    It definitely brought back a lot of memories.  I didn't see it on TV, but I did see it on YouTube.

I couldn't find it on YouTube. What is it listed under?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It came on last night and I was sobbing within 3 seconds.  All the emotions and fears came flooding back.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • I cry my eyes out each time it comes on.  When that mom says, "I couldn't hold my baby..." I just bawl because that happened to me the first time I saw L...she was all tucked in after eating and I didn't want to disturb her.  :(
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was balling my eyes out like 3 seconds into it - It was scary how it all just rushed back on me.....
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • What an emotional commercial.  I was glad to see that they showed some itty bitty babies too.  All too often I think people who haven't experienced a preemie (especially an early preemie) think of these babies as just super cute tiny babies without the realities of how sick/fragile they are.  I found it super ironic that the GE giraffe beds are made in the town I grew up in too.  
    mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Yes...it was very emotional for me too.
    Chemical Pregnancy 2001, Married 8/8/09, TTC April 2011, BFP 5/8/11, Missed M/C @ 9wk5d, D&C 6/21/11 BFP 11/13/11 Chase Everett born at 29wks 0 days on 5/7/12 at 2 lbs 14 oz, 14 1/2 inches long.
  • I got teary-eyed, too. It was a little too much for me just yet. Glad that I'm not weird... my husband seemed surprised by my reaction.
  • DrRxDrRx member
    I finally saw it and definitely teared up! It brought back those memories of how it felt to finally be able to hold my baby for the first time when the mom in the commercial did.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • And her I am also bawling like crazy.  It hits home again so much because the daughter that she is about to hold, when the baby looks over, looks so much like Wesley - the NG tube and the tiny IV - all of it - it just rushes back all of those emotions and thoughts. Crazy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageTrillian46:
    I got teary-eyed, too. It was a little too much for me just yet. Glad that I'm not weird... my husband seemed surprised by my reaction.

DH seemed surprised by my reaction too, that it was so strong.  He must of asked me if I was ok like 5 times! 

IMG_0293

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageTrillian46:
    I got teary-eyed, too. It was a little too much for me just yet. Glad that I'm not weird... my husband seemed surprised by my reaction.

DH seemed surprised by my reaction too, that it was so strong.  He must of asked me if I was ok like 5 times!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who reacted so strongly to it!

IMG_0293

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I can't watch it. I cried he first time I watched it and change the channel every time it comes on. I just can't deal when the mom talks about getting to hold her baby.

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I cry every single time I see it... when she says she gets to breastfeed for the first time I have such joy though... I remember the first time and being so excited and happy and feeling like things were starting to turn around.  what a rollercoaster! 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Same.  I cried when I saw it.  I just got my little guy out of there on 7/23 so the memories of that are still very fresh in my mind.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"