Cloth Diapering
Options

Getting started with Flips

Hi,

I'm going to be a FTM in October and have decided I want to try cloth diapering. I'm thinking of using the flips. I'm not sure what I all need to buy

prefolds -  25+?

the inserts ?

covers?

Also, I've heard the flips don't fit well for newborns. I was thinking I could just use the compostable diaper service for the first month or two. Otherwise what would folks recommend. If I use prefolds+ smaller covers I need to use the snappis right? The snappis intimidate me. 

Thanks a lot for any advice. I watched a 7 part youtube video on cloth diapering this weekend and still feel pretty in the dark! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting started with Flips

• Options

Check out the FAQs at the top of the page, they are really helpful.

Lurk around here and it will all start to make sense.  No OS diaper will fit a NB, their legs are just too skinny.  Don't be afraid of the snappi- they are super easy.  If you have ever put on an ACE wrap, you can snappi.

You will need 30-36 changes for a NB depending on how often you want to do laundry.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    We use almost exclusively Flips and Bum Genius. I will caution you that even though we had a big baby, the Flips didn't fit her until she was about 2 months old. We started w/a smaller stash and now we have 7 covers (3 snaps, 4 hook and loop) and about 18 inserts - I prefer the stay drys, but that's just me.  The other kind I really like are the BG Freestyle that are stay dry and hook and loop. We have 6 of those and that keeps us pretty well-stocked w/washing 2 times a week. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. This is really helpful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"