Cloth Diapering

Getting started with Flips

Hi,

I'm going to be a FTM in October and have decided I want to try cloth diapering. I'm thinking of using the flips. I'm not sure what I all need to buy

prefolds -  25+?

the inserts ?

covers?

Also, I've heard the flips don't fit well for newborns. I was thinking I could just use the compostable diaper service for the first month or two. Otherwise what would folks recommend. If I use prefolds+ smaller covers I need to use the snappis right? The snappis intimidate me. 

Thanks a lot for any advice. I watched a 7 part youtube video on cloth diapering this weekend and still feel pretty in the dark! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting started with Flips

• Check out the FAQs at the top of the page, they are really helpful.

Lurk around here and it will all start to make sense.  No OS diaper will fit a NB, their legs are just too skinny.  Don't be afraid of the snappi- they are super easy.  If you have ever put on an ACE wrap, you can snappi.

You will need 30-36 changes for a NB depending on how often you want to do laundry.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • We use almost exclusively Flips and Bum Genius. I will caution you that even though we had a big baby, the Flips didn't fit her until she was about 2 months old. We started w/a smaller stash and now we have 7 covers (3 snaps, 4 hook and loop) and about 18 inserts - I prefer the stay drys, but that's just me.  The other kind I really like are the BG Freestyle that are stay dry and hook and loop. We have 6 of those and that keeps us pretty well-stocked w/washing 2 times a week. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. This is really helpful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"